• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    So I moved to Indiana from Illinois recently and now I can't legally carry a concealed handgun in Chicago anymore outside of my vehicle if I leave it unattended :(

I still work in Chicago and have to go to the city occasionally so a discreet car safe seemed prudent. After some research I ended up going with the Lock'er Down EXxtreme the F150because of a couple of factors:

Large opening at the top
    Pry resistant extended steel plate
    Abloy high security lock (optional for an additional $60-70)

Install was a breeze. Went out to the garage while the babies were napping and made it back inside with plenty of time to spare. Probably took 10-15 minutes. Would have been quicker if I used a drill instead of a screwdriver but my wife was right next to the room I left my drill in and I didn't want to draw any attention in case she decided to ask me what I was doing and how much it costed :runaway:

Everything fit snug and it feels more than secure enough to prevent a smash and grab robbery.

Bonuses - Lock'er Down also sells magnetic gun holders but I didn't purchase one because I already have one I haven't gotten around to installing. Was pleasantly surprised when I opened my shipment and realized now I have two to eventually install! They also included a couple of push button lights that can be installed in the console. I'm waiting to find a home for them until I put foam in.

Pics

2LnQDbH.jpg

LSXCwZ0.jpeg

Xxp0lWu.jpeg

keFR9CP.jpeg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I just keep mine stored in this box on the front seat. Haven’t had any issues so far.

LmVNuD5.jpg

All kidding aside I drive a F-150 and use that space under the consol/front middle seat to put my EDC when I’m visiting a customer. Even though most people don’t even know the compartment is there, having the ability to lock it is another level of needed security.

Thanks for posting it Dulla

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Good review. Great photos. Have considered one of these but never looked seriously at all the available options. Looks like the unit to fit my vehicle is a complete box, even more secure and easier to install with two bolts.

One question, what is the purpose of the sheet metal assembly visible on the outside passenger side edge just to the right of the lid?

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Good review. Great photos. Have considered one of these but never looked seriously at all the available options. Looks like the unit to fit my vehicle is a complete box, even more secure and easier to install with two bolts.

One question, what is the purpose of the sheet metal assembly visible on the outside passenger side edge just to the right of the lid?

It covers the usb port attached to the safe.

There's a USB cord attached underneath that you can plug into the console port so you can still use it if needed when the lid is closed.

You just twist it to the side.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Ok, thanks. It looked like it might rotate but could not deduce purpose. I only have a secondary cigarette/charger plug inside my console and it looks like they just have an opening to expose it.

This would be ideal (and long considered) for when the vehicle is parked away from home, although I hesitate to give up the easy access to the large console space I've gotten used to while going down the road. Even if I evicted the packet of manuals from the glove box, it has less volume, a longer reach, and everything wants to fall out the front when opened. Maybe a seat back organizer where I can reach the back of the passenger seat would restore balance to the Force.

Top Bottom