• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Leather holsters are just completely outside of my wheelhouse, and I want to make sure I don't end up with the "uncle mikes" equivalent of a leather holster. Saturday I picked up a Vaquero 44mag with 5.5" barrel that will be joined in holy matrimony with my lever action 92. Finally, my rifle has the partner gun it's been looking for all these years. I need to get my new vaquero a leather holster, and ideally one that comes with a belt with loops to hold 44mag. Thankfully I'm a right handed "husky" fella and there should be enough room on that belt to fully load the rifle, revolver, and have a few left over. I'm not going to be doing any cowboy action shooting tournaments or anything like that, but I will likely take it hunting on occasion.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about leather cowboy holsters.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The only western rig I purchased was from El Paso Saddlery. The price has increased considerably in the last 40 years.

https://epsaddlery.com/

Top notch work though. I just got a Patton pattern 1911 holster from them, very nice.

You can also find a Buscadero style holster on The Sportsman's Guide. I got one from them years ago, Made in Mexico leather; decent quality and price.

:draw:

Top Bottom