• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I kind of get the minimalist aspect of a trigger guard only holster for pocket carry, but don't really see the appeal for an IWB holster. A single clip kydex holster that covers the entire gun is not that cumbersome to carry.and doesn't add much bulk.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm a minimalist so you think this would interest me but it doesn't. I want more of the firearm covered and I want more points of contact to make sure the holster stays in place.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah, anyone who's had a plastic belt clip can tell you how they'll break off at exactly the wrong time.

+ no lights/lasers or other attachments under the frame

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I got a Raven Vanguard 2 included with a recent trade. I've tried it out several days around the house (S&W Shield), mainly out of curiosity, and I have to admit that I freaking love it. Same concept as the one in OP.

Screen%20Shot%202018-05-23%20at%20114108%20AM.png

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you're looking for a minimalist belt clip like this - go with Raven Concealment or go home. They are the absolute best.

Not the greatest overall piece of kit - but they have a niche, and the Vanguards fill that niche very well.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    My clip covers the trigger in a pocket.

BUT: It is a noisy two hands required draw to put it in service!

Practice with what you carry, how you carry it, before you carry it!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    As pointed out upthread. Not a new idea. Raven Vanguard is one example. Dale Fricke Zacchaeus is another (Dale may have been the first with this concept). Suarez NPE-2 is another. I'm sure there are others.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    few thoughts:
    I carried a minimalist holster similar to this for a year or so. It covered more of the firearm beyond the trigger, but was not a full holster. I loved it; I bought it from the kydex guy at the indy 1500 and would buy again.
    The problem with it was you couldn't re-holster. It wasn't all that big a deal to me, but in the event of an active shooter situation where the cops show up and see you with a drawn gun you'd be basically screwed.
    I also noticed that the difference between a full kydex holster and this wasn't all that noticeable to me. I can see if you carry appendix you'd want as little holster as possible.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Yeah, anyone who's had a plastic belt clip can tell you how they'll break off at exactly the wrong time.

Yeah I can attest to this. Mine didn't break, but the whole holster did come out when I was drawing in a SD class. The drill was a little weird; I was drawing from a seated position. I just didn't have any pressure to hold the holster in and my belt was a little loose.

Top Bottom