• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I am in the process of refining my gun systems around my life. My bedside gun is a Gen 5 Glock 17 with a RMR and TLR1-HL. I am wanting to mount a holster for it to the backside of my nightstand. I'd assume that a light-bearing OWB would be the way to go, but I'm not sure how to go about mounting it. What would you all recommend?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Ever consider a large magnet?

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]
    I haven't... They seem gimmicky to me. Have you used them?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Don't see your light specifically listed, but you might check this out:

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/modular-systems/bedside-backup/bedside-backup-bsbu.html
    bedside_backup_with_springfield_armory_emp_-_on_bed.jpg

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

I haven't... They seem gimmicky to me. Have you used them?

Something like a Pachmayr Pac-Mag. 1 will hold up a loaded Remington 870 Tactical no problem. I use them for pistols all the time without a problem.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Safariland QLS

I was going to suggest this too because that's what I use but with having the RMR the holster alone is going to cost you $100-$150 and the QLS mounting system is around $30.

ZXDogDN.jpg

BXbe4Q6.jpg

Attachments

• BTKrm5M.jpg
      BTKrm5M.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a suggestion, but if you could build a reliable holster clip system into your solution, then having the option to bring out the holster/gun could be useful under some circumstances.

Of course a door breaking in warrants immediate gun in hand, but there are times when a place to put the gun other than your hand would be best.

3:00AM - "Open the door please, sheriffs dept..."

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Just a suggestion, but if you could build a reliable holster clip system into your solution, then having the option to bring out the holster/gun could be useful under some circumstances.

Of course a door breaking in warrants immediate gun in hand, but there are times when a place to put the gun other than your hand would be best.

3:00AM - "Open the door please, sheriffs dept..."

That's the great thing about the Safariland QLS. You can go from the nightstand to your belt to the safe and then to the coffee table and the gun never leaves the holster. I have those QLS plates mounted everywhere in the house and including the cars. I will say this it's much better to have it on your hip but if you can't arms reach away is the next best thing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just unclipped this from the waistband of my sweats. Don't know how or if it would make for an adaptable situation for the OP or not? Raven Vangard3 with Ulti-clip.

DSC-0315.jpg

DSC-0316.jpg

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I really like the QLS idea. I didn't realize you could put screws. My OWB carry holster for that is the T-Rex Arms Ragnarok, which utilizes the Safariland mounting options. This sounds like the perfect solution!

Top Bottom