• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I am currently in the process of updating my Glock holsters to fit this new light. I purchased it from T-Rex Arms along with one of their Ragnarok OWB holsters. My G17+light didn’t fit without some serious force. It rubbed along the light, leaving marks. I had a replacement sent out - same issue. After my 3rd replacement, I asked for a refund. I also just received a Tier1 Agis Elite IWB holster for my gen 5 19+TLR1-HL. It has the same issue. I’m now wondering if the issue is the light.

does this light look accurate?

AD385F81-BDD9-49BC-800B-0B8BDB3AD9E9.jpg 74E74A32-6B85-404B-8962-94D3A3090ACD.jpg D6EDE43B-A43A-408A-876A-E70ED84A51E3.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but yes, that is a TLR-1 HL.

Can I ask why you care about scuff and scratch marks on the side of your light? It's a rugged product and will take a ton of abuse. Who gives a darn if it gets a little dinged up when you run it hard? That just shows you actually use your gear.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but yes, that is a TLR-1 HL.

Can I ask why you care about scuff and scratch marks on the side of your light? It's a rugged product and will take a ton of abuse. Who gives a darn if it gets a little dinged up when you run it hard? That just shows you actually use your gear.
    Im not concerned about normal wear/tear on the light. I’m concerned about the crazy amount of effort it takes to shove the gun into the holster. I have kydex scraping off if I force it in. To me, that seems like an issue. I am trying to figure out if it is the lights fault or the holsters. I’ve now gone through 4 holsters from 2 manufacturers. To me, it seems like the common denominator is the light...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Im not concerned about normal wear/tear on the light. I’m concerned about the crazy amount of effort it takes to shove the gun into the holster. I have kydex scraping off if I force it in. To me, that seems like an issue. I am trying to figure out if it is the lights fault or the holsters. I’ve now gone through 4 holsters from 2 manufacturers. To me, it seems like the common denominator is the light...

Gotcha. Yeah that sounds like an issue if you can't get the gun in and out of the holster smoothly.

As far as I know, the older TLR-1 and TLR-1 HL are the same size and dimensions, so it shouldn't be an issue of the holster maker using an older TLR-1 to form and mold the holster.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I believe the TLR-1HL is slightly "thicker" than the -1 and the -1s as I have noticed a difference in the way they fit in custom holsters. I have no issue with my Safariland duty holsters.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I believe the TLR-1HL is slightly "thicker" than the -1 and the -1s as I have noticed a difference in the way they fit in custom holsters. I have no issue with my Safariland duty holsters.

That's good to hear. I have A Safariland 557 on order for my VP9 with TLR-1 HL. It's my first Safariland land that is open top with no active retention, so looking forward to trying it out. The nice thing about this model is that it holds the gun snug with or without the light.

https://safariland.com/products/model-557-open-top-belt-slide-concealment-holster-model_557

OP. I have a holster from Dara Holsters that fits the Streamlight well. I love the cut of the kydex and overall construction. I do not like the paddle attachment I picked. The style of the paddle clip is unlike anything I have seen. It works well on a battle belt or competition rig, but not for concealed carry. It's also precut to accommodate an optic should I end up with an RMR on the pistol.

https://www.daraholsters.com/light-bearing-owb-paddle-holster/

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    There’s a slight difference in the bezel diameter between the two. 1.165” vs 1.185” for the HL which can be a tightness issue depending on how your holster interfaces with the light.

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    I have found a major flaw in the TLR-1HL design. Within minutes of opening the package and installing the light my confidence in the longevity and durability was lost. The issue itself is possibly fixable in my case thankfully but I find it to be valuable information for others so I figure I’ll share.
    In a fit of excitement to mount the light onto a 5 slot picatinny rail I tightened the light down too far forward and things were not aligned properly once I turned the light on and noticed the angle was off. No biggie right? Wrong. While loosening the screw to readjust the lights placement a loud snap occurred which turned out to be the battery door snapping in two under the releasing tension. It’s made of very cheap thin plastic that snapped like a twig due to my negligence. It’s my fault I broke the door hinge but what if you were to bump your gun into something or drop it on the paddle portion which very well could be the first part of the gun to make contact thus taking the brunt force of the impact and breaking instantly thus making your light useless when you need it most. Just food for thought!
    With that being said the only way I can think of solving the issue other than my temporary fix with super glue is to replace the standard paddle switch battery door with the remote door switch because it seems to be a little sturdier but I haven’t handled one yet so if anyone has one and could let me know if the battery door latch on the remote door is plastic or metal that would be good to know prior to purchasing. I’ve got it mounted on a rifle so it’s better suited to make the change from paddle to a pressure pad but I doubt a pistol user would prefer the remote door as it would probably be less natural to toggle the switch.

Top Bottom