• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I have a Red Dot on my sons Rifled Mossberg.
    It is a 2.5 MOA.

The scope is a 2x42mm.

Is the standard MOA for that scope 2.5 at 100 yards? The dial does not say. I hope some of you folks have experience with something similar.

The Scope is a Truglo.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It is a 2.5 MOA.

The scope is a 2x42mm.

Is the standard MOA for that scope 2.5 at 100 yards? The dial does not say. I hope some of you folks have experience with something similar.

The Scope is a Truglo.

Im not sure, but it sounds like your talking adjustments? The turret should say what it adjusts in, if not I would call Truglo

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    It is a 2.5 MOA.

The scope is a 2x42mm.

The Scope is a Truglo.

Is this what you have?

https://www.natchezss.com/truglo-traditional-red-dot-sight-2x42mm-2-5-moa-black.html

If so, then the 2.5 MOA refers to the size of the red dot (reticle), not the click adjustments on the turrets. According to the user manual you can download from the website linked above, each click equals 1 MOA.

MOA is a linear measurement based upon the fact that 1 MOA is about 1 inch at 100 yds.

Regardless of the distance, the movement per click on your optic will always be 1 MOA. It is simple math that lets you know how far each click moves the aim point.

At 100 yds., the movement per click is about 1 inch. At 200 yds. the movement per click will be about 2 inches. At 500 yds. the movement per click will be about 5 inches.

Since this is a linear relationship, it also works in the other direction.

At 50 yds., the movement per click is about 0.5 inch. At 25 yds., the movement per click is about 0.25 inch.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    And just to expand on the above post. The 2.5 MOA dot is the size of the dot at 100 yards. Since the size of the dot doesn't change, it is actually "larger" at closer ranges, and "smaller" at longer ranges, i.e., at 50 yards it will cover 5 MOA, at 200 it will cover 1.25 MOA. Sort of the opposite of the adjustments.

Top Bottom