• jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am asking for user experience with the following enclosed pistol red dots.

• Aimpoint Acro P-1
      • Primary concern is battery life based upon research to date. Battery life reports seem very disappointing for an Aimpoint
    • Holosun HE509T-RD Enclosed Reflex Pistol Sight
      • Primary concern is visual quality, one report of lens distortion and magnification
      • Secondary concern over Chicomm manufacture, quality, and support
    • SIG’s Romeo2
      • Primary concern is how sealed the unit is with the full hood installed, and if it is susceptible to fogging
      • Note: does not appear to be available yet, but if any of our industry insiders have had their hands on one and can provide a report, I'm willing to wait for it, if it is good.

Any experience members can provide is appreciated. I am primarily focused on enclosed red dots. I just could never warm up to the open red dots; to many important bits exposed.

On an unrelated note. My INGO search foo is failing me. I thought I had seen a recent thread which listed North and Northwest IND FFL transfer fees, but now I can't find it.

My last transfers were pre-pandemic, and both the FFLs I deal with have raised prices to $30 and $35. That seems a little steep to me compared to a year ago with one being a 50% increase. Is this the going rate, or are there better value deals available in the North and Northwest IND (Zionsville / Carmel / Westfield) area?

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have no personal experience with either, but poor battery life is a huge negative for the ACRO. I just can't imagine having to swap out the battery as frequently as every month as some have experienced. But otherwise it's top notch and made in USA.

The more I look into Holosun the more the negatives seem to melt away. Yes, they are made in China, but the 509 seems to be really solid and a heck of a value. If it were my money on the line I would go Holosun personally. I just don't think you get enough more with the ACRO compared to the Holosun for the extra money. But if made it USA is a top factor it's probably worth the extra coin just for that pride and peace of mind.

[video=youtube_share;ZSh3Ui44osU]http://youtu.be/ZSh3Ui44osU[/video]

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Anybody else? I was really hoping A&A optics might have some inside info on the Romeo2.

MCgrease08, battery life on the ACRO is my problem as well. I keep hoping there will be a gen2 as the basic design is my favorite, but other than one post claiming Aimpoint knew it was an issue and "working on it" I have not found anything authoritative.

If anyone has a 509T and can give direct feedback on the image quality it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Since I posted the Sage Dynamics review of the Holosun, I should give fair time to the ACRO. As expected, the Aimpoint is pretty much bomb proof (passed 20 drop tests onto bricks during the 10k rd test). But Aaron Cowan reported having to replace the battery every three weeks.

Basically he says if you're not someone that checks you gear religiously, the ACRO might not be the right choice for you solely because of the battery life issue.

[video=youtube_share;1qvCxWITqpc]http://youtu.be/1qvCxWITqpc[/video]

Top Bottom