• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    I just wanted to give everyone a chance to see this site. It is part of Oakley and they provide discounts for the military, DOD contractors, firefighter etc.. All you have to do is show some form of I.D. from your government related job and once they accept you you can start ordering. The discounts are pretty good. I had another contractor show me the site. I got my account up and running in less than 10 minutes on a Sunday!.:rockwoot:

Here it is. www.usstandardissue.com/

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    this has been around for over ten years. They're really strict on the type of government job you do to be a part of the program. Whatever you do, don't resell the glasses (watches boots whatever). They will rape you mercilessly in court. The discounts are incredible, but it makes you realize the markup... 35$for a pair of oakley 5's there, but 85 for the same pair at dicks...yikes!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    They ought to allow us some sort of group buy! maybe some one that can qualify for a discount should get with them and see what kind of deal they would give us non-discounters... Just a thought...

Edit: They say Military and Government sales like the are separate I wonder if we could call ourselves a Militia and be considered for a discount...

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The way I read it they don't want you reselling for a profit. What about buying in bulk, and selling at cost to other friends statewide?

GROUP BUY!!!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    is there any way for them to tell what you do with them after you buy them? do they have some secret oakley spy's scouring the U.S. keeping track of everything? I just really want these boots!

Full Image

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    is there any way for them to tell what you do with them after you buy them? do they have some secret oakley spy's scouring the U.S. keeping track of everything? I just really want these boots!

Full Image

I didnt see those on there. Looks like they only have the tan oakley's on there and the mil price point is around $130 on most. You can find most of the stuff on there cheaper somewhere else except the glasses themselves. The only difference in those oakleys are they are authorized my the Military to the dont state Oakley on the bridge, but just have the O's on the side.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The o's are also subdued. instead of silver they're black. They are able to provide the discount to LEO's fire and Military because they get tax breaks. Reference the above post, i've never seen their gloves or boots at the price they offer so if you know of a place to get their 85$ gloves for less than 35 $ i'm all ears...i love those things.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Someone earlier mentioned retired Leo or military, my dad just got some glasses when he submitted some retired military Id.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've been getting my Oakleys through this program for years. I just wish they had the Plaintiff available other than the Infinite Hero version.

They now sell ESS eyewear through that program also. The discount isn't quite as good as a decent REP discount, but their sunglasses are nice and I really like my CDIs. I also have a pair of Crossbow Suppressors that are excellent shooting glasses. ESS has basically replaced all my Oakleys now.

Dorian Gray

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Prices are about 50% off retail but limited to mostly but not all mattle black colors. I however prefer the matte finish anyway.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    man they have the accesory i have been looking for in that catalog that i havent seen for the public. its a strap that notches into the rear of the temples

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    The way I read it they don't want you reselling for a profit. What about buying in bulk, and selling at cost to other friends statewide?

GROUP BUY!!!

That's how I read it as well. You can re-sell just not at a profit. A "group buy" purchased by a single qualifying buyer shouldn't be a problem. The guys at Oakley might wonder what 1 person could need 500 pairs or sunglasses for though...

Top Bottom