• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Since the search function hates mobile phones....

I've been thinking of different options for a holster for my full size 1911 since I don't like what I have now. As of now I use a Tagua OWB set up. It works well but I get a fair amount of barrel showing under the line of a T-shirt and I get some looks every now and again which I don't like. Concealed carry is supposed to stay concealed...

Anyways I was looking at the supertuck since the price is right and it looks like it will fit the bill, but I would like to hear from anyone who owns or has used one. Help me make up my mind :)

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't have a ST (yet), but I've been doing a lot of research on IWB conceal rigs, and it seems the most popular and well-liked options are the ST and the Minotaur M-TAC. Due to pricing, I'm planning to go with the ST, and will get a gun belt from Crossbreed at the same time.

I haven't found anyone saying anything NEGATIVE about either option - and indeed I've found a lot of people saying they have both and can't really pick a clear "winner."

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a CB Supertuck (Sig P220), a Minituck (Kahr PM45), and a Kholster (S&W M&P .40). They all work and are comfortable. The Kholster was less expensive, but isn't built as well IMO. The CB's have thicker leather, and take a couple of days to mold to your body whereas the Kholster is flexible enough to fit out of the box/envelope. I like them both, but I think that I'll buy CB's in the future even though they cost more. I don't think MY Kholster will last as long as my CB's, and it's not as comfortable. That said, I haven't "trimmed" the excess leather yet...when/if I do I may change my mind on comfort as they're VERY close anyway. YMMV.

Last edited:

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I just ordered a supertuck a couple weeks ago. Honestly, I probably overdid it on the research because I searched on the internet for about 2 hours reading reviews, watching youtube videos, etc until I just hit the button on a supertuck. They let you try it out for 2 weeks so if you get it and don't like it, you can send it back. I've read nothing but good things about it so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    After a couple of days, the ST molds to the body and disappears. I thought it was bull when I read the reviews and people said they forgot they were carrying. If I didn't have cheap belts, I could see that happening. So, I will be buying a good belt really soon.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    So it sounds like this is a great product. This is what I wanted to see (good honest feedback). Does anyone have any negatives to this holster?

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    So it sounds like this is a great product. This is what I wanted to see (good honest feedback). Does anyone have any negatives to this holster?

Negatives:
    It's ugly ( but it's never visible anyway ).
    It's so damned comfortable you forget you're wearing it

Other than that it's PERFECT!

HeftyLefty39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    big fan of the CB super tuck...conceals great, fits my 4in 1911 perfectly, has adjustment screws for canting, is made of quality parts, protects the side/waist from getting pinched or poked with the gun, allows for a variety of belt thicknesses, and is an easy access smooth draw...there is a youtube video of the CB supertuck where someone is doing a review of the product and other holsters. If you find it the guy will have a Kimber 1911 and a green gun cleaning mat down...he seems pretty knowledgeable about the topic and actually bought mutliple holsters for CCW before buying the CB supertuck (just pull up youtube and search cross breed supertuck)...In my opinion they are what they say "The ugliest and most comfortable holster on the market"

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Another :+1: for the Supertuck.

The biggest negative is the price. It isn't cheap, but you are buying quality. Price is the big selling point of the Kholster (cheaper clone of the Supertuck). It isn't as high quality as the CT, but for many it works well. Those two and the M-tac all have their fans.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have two CBST's. One for my G23 and one for my M&P40. It took me a week to warm up to the first one, but I quickly ordered another after the fact.

Top Bottom