• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Glad the weather worked out very well for our course. Cool, dry & sunny with the sun on our backs! Thanks again Obijohn & RCC for hosting.

Class was a very fun experience for me & extremely helpful for my shooting. John knows a lot about a lot & is freaking hilarious.
    The format of the class was well thought out and never boring, short discussion on theory and application with assessment & correction.
    The first half of the class was all about form, emphasizing draw stroke & grip. John & Granger were very helpful correcting my bad habits.
    My groups noticeably tightened up in our drills & at the same time if they were too tight, John had me speed up to spread them out.
    He tailored the "defensive" curriculum, with me unlearning slower bulls-eye/target habits, having different discussions with the ex-mil students.
    The back half of the class was much more focused on movement, situational awareness, threat scans and clearing type 1 malfunctions.
    Our afternoon made handgun shooting much more applicable to real world defensive scenarios, and ingrained logical real world tactics.
    The class was very worthwhile, with a very high instructor / student ratio. I learned a ton and will definitely attend future RR & ACT courses!

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I must second what brchixwing said above about the class.

I learned so much as this was my first training experience with pulling from the holster. John and Granger (and the RR folks), were always ready to offer advice and explained very well where I may improve. My confidence level and my ability was greatly improved due to the many defensive drills we went through.

John and Granger are very "down to earth" instructors and not afraid to push you bit. There is no doubt in my mind that they know what they are doing, but more importantly know how to pass the information to others.

The pace of the class was perfect, but we did stay pretty dang busy!

I highly recommend this class, and for those that have taken a RR basic pistol class, to get your tickets now. It is a perfect fit coming from the basic class, and you will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks to all that made this possible!

Ron

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I must second what brchixwing said above about the class.

I learned so much as this was my first training experience with pulling from the holster. John and Granger (and the RR folks), were always ready to offer advice and explained very well where I may improve. My confidence level and my ability was greatly improved due to the many defensive drills we went through.

John and Granger are very "down to earth" instructors and not afraid to push you bit. There is no doubt in my mind that they know what they are doing, but more importantly know how to pass the information to others.

The pace of the class was perfect, but we did stay pretty dang busy!

I highly recommend this class, and for those that have taken a RR basic pistol class, to get your tickets now. It is a perfect fit coming from the basic class, and you will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks to all that made this possible!

Ron

Ron I am glad you enjoyed it and stay tuned for the future offerings.

Top Bottom