Annual Low Light Outing 5DEC Riley Conservation Club 1700 to ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ACT DP205b Low Light Skills 5DEC20 Riley Conservation Club

EVENT: DP205b – Low Light Skills
    DATE: 5 DECEMBER 2020
    TIME: 17:00 approx. start time; class will last about 4 hours
    INSTRUCTOR: John Viray, assisted by ACT staff
    TUITION: $95 prepaid
    PREREQUISITES: DP101 (or equivalent); instructor approval REQUIRED
    DESCRIPTION:
    DP205b “Low Light Skills” is a brief version of our DP205 that offers an introduction to defensive handgun techniques applied to low light or total darkness situations. The class will focus on the use of modern, high intensity flashlights and their applications to defensive use in conjunction with handguns. Topics will include acquisition of information, use of handheld flashlights both with and without firearms, use of weapon-mounted flashlights, use of supplemental sighting devices (e.g. lasers), use of tritium night sights, etc.

This class is not appropriate for inexperienced defensive shooters. You don't have to have completed classes with us, but I reserve the right to final approval on all students. If I don't know you and you wish to participate, please contact me via email (not PM): john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CLASS WILL INCLUDE LIVE FIRE DRILLS. **

GEAR LIST & RECOMMENDATIONS:

• Reliable, high-intensity handheld light; lanyard recommended
    • Back-up light (optional)
    • Spare batteries (recommended)
    • Spare lamps (if your light uses incandescent lamps)
    • A couple of feet of 550 cord to make a lanyard (optional)
    • Low intensity "task light" for navigation and checking targets (optional)
    • Weapon-mounted light (optional)
    • Inert replica of your pistol if you have one (e.g "Blue Gun" or similar that fits your holster; optional)
    • Concealment garment
    • Pistol, caliber consistent with defensive needs
    • 300-500 rounds of ammunition (how much you need depends on how much you choose to fire)
    • 5 or more magazines or speed loaders. More is better to avoid delays on the line.
    • Magazine or speed loader carriers
    • Strong side belt holster (IWB holsters are fine) that covers the trigger guard and allows one handed holstering
    • Pistol belt
    • Eye and ear protection. Electronic muffs or vented earplugs suggested for allowing easier hearing of range commands.
    • Billed cap
    • Please dress appropriately for outdoor activities according to the weather and allow for moderate physical activity. We will shoot, rain or shine, so consider bringing rain gear.
    • Remember that you may be shooting while wearing gloves. Wear the gloves you normally wear during cold weather.
    • You should bring snacks and fluids of your choice. Snack bars or power bars are great to keep in your shooting bag. Water or a combination of water and sport drinks work best. ACT will provide bottled water.

For more information or to register, please contact us via email at:johnvviray@gmail.com

Last edited:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    In light of the current ammunition situation, we'll try to make every shot count. Ultimately, how much you shoot is up to you.

If you have not attended this class in the past, I need you to contact me early. This is not a beginner class.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I will keep an eye on the weather. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a real wimp when it comes to cold. Heat, bring it on.

The weather is part of the charm of this class. We've dealt with near zero temps, driving snow, rain, temps over 60deg. I sure hope you decide to attend. We tend to have fun and maybe learn a thing or two.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Well I cannot let this party happen without me !

Sent a email and currently looking for a glow in the dark insulated thong!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    5 spots remain.

Yes, we will meet at Bandana's before class. Probably 1500-1530 time frame in order to give us plenty of time to get to the range by 1700.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My check is in the mail.

And I'm starting to think Brad doesn't even own a thong. All this talk. Has anyone actually seen it?

Yes I know to be careful what you wish for.

Top Bottom