• ...and so much more!
  • MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Hi All

I am looking at getting a Dillon 650 press. I was wondering if anyone had tried or was interested in trying to do a group buy? I have not talked to Dillon or a reseller yet, but wanted to gage the interest before doing the leg work. So if you are interested and we can give it a good college try.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Good luck, Dillon Dealers don't make a huge profit margin from Dillon to begin with. You might be better off talking to a Dillon dealer to see if they can help you. Please post how it goes.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm finally ready to purchase a Dillon 650 with all the fixins.

If there's any deal to be made, I'm in for it 100%. If you find it's a better deal to just walk into a dealer, let me know that too. I haven't even started looking yet. So far all I've done is gone through the Dillon's sites virtual buying calculator thingy they have and then freaked out at the total, get depressed, drink til I pass out, then wake up and repeat. :n00b:

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I guess anything is worth a shot, but I would be shocked if they cut a deal at all. There isn't a huge margin on these and even long time dealers like Brian Enos and others sell them for the same price as the Dillion Catalog. Im not positive but I think the retail price is set and controlled by Dillion. The 650 is a wonderful machine, from an amazing company, pay the price and you won't ever regret it.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Speculate all you want, but you never know unless the question is asked. They may not discount at all, but I have presented volume buys to other manufacturers that don't discount and have been more than surprised. There is always accessory discounts. So don't knock it until you try. If not, then I'll pay retail. Either way I win.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    No ones kicking you here,
    Some Dillon owners have been around since the beginning. Mike started selling on his own and with a Dillon Dealerships across the country. After a few years Mike decided to almost eliminate most of his dealerships by cutting the profit that could make to only a few percent, and for the most part, hoseing his Dealer network and he went with Direct Marketing with the customer.
    With that most shops gave up their Dealerships and moved on. Then years later Mike gave Dealerships a better markup. Hence now days you see more Dillon Dealerships.

Good Luck with finding a discount, please post what you find..
    Give Bobcat a call and see what he will offer you..

Last edited:

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Unless you're doing extreme high volume, why would you want a second?

You know... When I start collecting the old antique phonographs I thought I just would want only one. 75 machines later I was still wanting more.... �� We all have our reasons.....

In all seriousness it would be for convenience, correct? Having a dedicated machine for handgun and one for rifle would be really nice.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Unless you're doing extreme high volume, why would you want a second?

I load several different calibers. I have a Mr Bullet bullet feeder that is a bit of a pain to get setup correctly so having it dedicated to a couple calibers would be nice. I'm getting ready to order the power trimmer for it so I can speed up processing 300 Blackout, X40 and the buckets of 556 we have to process.

Top Bottom