• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Anyone sold or bought or ever seen a market for old (antique?) antique boxes? I've just came across a few "older" looking boxes. I'm just curious.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I saw some old ammo boxes (empty) at the big antique mall in Taylorsville / Edinburgh not too long ago. They were priced around $5, if I remember correctly.

Don't know how many that booth had sold, though...

-J-

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My father found a box of UN-OPENED 9mm military issue ammo from 1952 when cleaning out my grandfathers things, interesting, but I doubt it's valuable.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Try Googling for one of the Cartridge Collectors Associations, most have forums now and Im sure they would at least know some appox. values.

I bought (2) boxes of -06 AP in the boxes (good cond.) for $10 per box... I thought the ammo alone was a good buy !!!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Full old boxes of ammo are worth a lot the box itself better be in pristine shape to be whoth case without the ammo.,

Man i was up early this morning,. I mean it better be in pristine shape to be worth cash without the ammo. Rare boxes might be worth some cash, obscure rounds like 222 mag, 22 rem jet, ect.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    boxes

some boxes are worth money, most are not. if you find any 2 piece boxes, hold on to them. the base of the box is one piece, and the top lifts off. they are pretty early, and a lot of the time valuable. if they are sealed, leave them that way! worth more money as a sealed box. some of the old boxes are very valuable, some old shotshell boxes are worth in the thousands, a few 22 boxes are the same. actually, I think it is amazing that some boxes and ammo has survived for 160-170 years plus! I see some boxes in the $500 range pretty commonly. I think the most expensive box with ammo I have ever seen was just a bit over 20 grand...lol.. there are several sites that are ok for information, but most cartridge dealers don't even have a list of what they have. there are a couple of big cartridge shows every year and I've seen some high dollar shells there as well. Most collectors just collect singles, but some of the old boxes are just very ornate printed and very attractive. I mostly have singles, but in my case is the extreme cost of full boxes of examples I need..lol..

Top Bottom