Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68

User Info Menu

Wow. That turned out really well, great job. "A spot of blue in a sea of red!!!"

It will be interesting to see how you like the Dillon compared to the Hornady. Way too much back and forth on which is better, sort of like the political situation in our country right now!

I love my MBF on the XL650, but if you add the trimmer, you are going to run out of spaces!
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

User Info Menu

Dang what a setup! That looks awesome!
    Trevor | NRA Life Member

User Info Menu

POWDER CABINET

Thanks guys for the great comments! I was away for 4 days with work. I came home and my wife bought me a corner cabinet for my primers and powder. I went and got some led strip lighting at Lowes and fastened it under the new bench as well as under the cabinet. I am not trying to gloat at all. I am just very proud of my reloading room and want to share pics with you all.
    DoubleHelix..... Now that i have another Dillon 650 set up, you can tell a significant difference between the Hornady ammo plant and the 650. The 650 runs sooooo much smoother and the case feed is almost silent compared to the Hornady case feeder. You almost need ear pro when the Hornady case feeder and bullet feeder are running. I am getting the 1500 trimmer and Mr Bullet feeder for the Dillon. I might just get rid of the Hornady and get either another 650 or a 1050.

Thanks for the great comments and you all have a great week!

GSPBirdDog
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Rommel was an evil man...but he still came weeping out of someone's vagina! Dave Matthews

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GSPBirdDog View Post
    Thanks guys for the great comments! I was away for 4 days with work. I came home and my wife bought me a corner cabinet for my primers and powder. I went and got some led strip lighting at Lowes and fastened it under the new bench as well as under the cabinet. I am not trying to gloat at all. I am just very proud of my reloading room and want to share pics with you all.
    Looks great! Sounds like she's a keeper!!! (Your wife, not the cabinet, but I would keep the cabinet too!!! )

I also use the LED strips on my bench, both underneath (motion activated) and under some top shelves. Makes a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GSPBirdDog View Post
    DoubleHelix..... Now that i have another Dillon 650 set up, you can tell a significant difference between the Hornady ammo plant and the 650. The 650 runs sooooo much smoother and the case feed is almost silent compared to the Hornady case feeder. You almost need ear pro when the Hornady case feeder and bullet feeder are running. I am getting the 1500 trimmer and Mr Bullet feeder for the Dillon. I might just get rid of the Hornady and get either another 650 or a 1050.
    Great to hear!

If it were me, I would get a 1050. Don't get me wrong, my XL650 is amazing in every way for what it is, but the 1050 takes it to the next level of smoothness... seriously. The priming is superior, and with the extra tool head positions you can keep your trimmer loaded and still go from cradle-to-grave on a cartridge. Pretty cool. Plus: if you want to add automation in the future, the 1050 is the MUCH better base to do so with.

As much as I love my 650, my next press will either be a Dillon 1050 or a Mark 7 Evolution.

Congrats once again on a great bench and great new press!!!
    James

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte~

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68