Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Case Trimmers

msd
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indygunguy View Post
    Please post after you use it and let us know what you think!
    +1 on that.

I'm curious what TonyT thinks of the WFT's from Dale. I'm wanting to, which will be next spring, swing by Spicer Mn, on my way up to the in-laws and check out any rifles he has built. Might have to have 1 shipped down here. Cant buy long guns up there and walk out with it like you can down around here.
    At least thats what Reeds Sporting Goods in Walker Mn, told me when I was thinking of buying a Rem 700.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have only used mine for about 80 rounds. I had a hand crank wilson trimmer that after about 25 rounds would start to hurt my hands. Took about 30 seconds a cartridge to chamfer and all. I actually wish I could use my wft again but I am out of brass. I am not a big time reloader. Just what I pickup off the range or shoot myself. I dont have a big supply of brass. What I do have is already reloaded.

msd
    Marksman

User Info Menu

If your WTF gets a little lonely for some brass, you can always send it to me. I got plenty of playmates for it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msd View Post
    If your WTF gets a little lonely for some brass, you can always send it to me. I got plenty of playmates for it.
    I think it's a WFT, but we got the point. I read it right and it made me snicker.

msd
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Ohh yeah...dang my thumbs for sticking the letters backwards

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indygunguy View Post
    Please post after you use it and let us know what you think!
    I received the new trimmers and have already put 4,000 cases through them. They works great, but there is one caveat and that is you still need to chamfer and de-burr them. The burrs are very small compared to the other trimmer (L.E. Wilson) but if you are loading VLD bullets. They that tumbling them after trimming them will remove the small burs but I would rather not take the chance.
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

I bought a Hornady Case Prep Center a week ago. It... is... the... bomb. Not sure how I lived without it before.

msd
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aszerigan View Post
    I bought a Hornady Case Prep Center a week ago. It... is... the... bomb. Not sure how I lived without it before.

Out of pure nosiness and ohh yeah curiosity....once you set the length to trim is it set or do you have to fiddle with it? How quiet is the motor?
    Been thinking of buying another trimmer, that way I can get my boy in there with me to trim. 2 drills going in my shop is nerve racking, if I was to go with buying another WFT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2