• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XJRyder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Fort Wayne,IN
    I recently purchased 1,000 rounds from Wolf, while i was breaking my new AR in . AS I was having jams and double feeds All the normal things with a brand new weapon system the rounds started to seperate, Luckily I was able to get the 3 rounds out of the barrel, Has anyone had these issues with wolf ammo? The specs are 5.45x39mm 60 GR. HP steel case, non corrosive, NOw my question is where can I find a better round, because everything I have found is unavailable, or sold out. (email is nbkfox7@hotmail.com)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Feeding issues is just one of the reasons that I have always advocated multiple magazines for each gun, and generally multiple brands of high quality magazines. Every AR owner needs no less than 10 magazines, preferably high quality, all with anti-tilt or enhanced followers

AR magazines I will use (in NO particular order): C Products, Mag Pul, D&H, Brownells, factory AR mags

AR magazines I will NOT spend my $$$ buying: National, DPMS, Triple K

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Never had an issue with Wolf ammo, runs just fine in my both my current ARs and every other I have tried it in. Some love it some hate it. I will not be buying any more of it because I have started to reload and will be buying brass cased ammo from now on.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i had the same problem but with Remington 55gr. but i did a good cleaning gas tube and all, and went with a heavier round and its works just fine.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I attended an appleseed event last weekend and shot 600rds of wolf in my AR without any problems. The AR was fairly new before then with about 200rds through it. The ammo is dirty as hell but I have never had a problem with it.

I would take a look at your mags.

XJRyder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Fort Wayne,IN
    My AR is a custom 5.45 cal, it doesnt shoot 5.56 I built it through Superior Arms, I know I have to buy custom mags, and the 5.56 30 round mags I have I will have to tweak a little on the guide in the mag, I dont think the mag would make the round seperate from the casing, but I have bad luck and Murphy and I arent friends so anything is possible. I just wanted to know others experience on that ammo Thanks

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    so your issue is that you have an AR caliber that is currently only russian import ammo.
    Do you know if anyone offers a magazine specific for what you have?

An option you dont want to hear is that you may need to get a 223 upper to make the rifle run.
    Or look for an AK 74 since that matches the caliber of the ammo you have

XJRyder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Fort Wayne,IN
    The mag I have that came with the Ar is a C Products LLC and it is for a 5.45x39 mm the mag is a 30 round mag and its $15.99 I have 2 5.56 30 round mags so I will do some work on em and see if that makes a difference

Last edited:
    Top Bottom