• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    By looking at these images does anyone know if this is or is not corrsoive ammo? All the seller could tell me was the following.

Country of Origin: Yugosolvia
    Product Description: 15 rounds in brass casing.
    Supplier "though" that they were not corrosive. (yeah right!)

7.62x39mm_001.jpg

7.62x39mm_002.jpg

7.62x39mm_003.jpg

7.62x39mm_004.jpg

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Hey not all of us can read Yugo!

ETA: I'm not sure how correct that is. I don't know the exact language they speak there. (Yugoslavia)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The language on the box is Serbian with Russian Dialog on it.
    I had someone who speaks Serbian/Russian look at the box and it only said.
    15 rounds in brass casing
    No "corrosive" or "non-corrosive" label on the text.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Thank you, I was freaking out using Google to translate for me, and all I got was "корозивне" in Serbian, and "коррозионный" for Russian. :dunno:

It is safe to say, if it was in a spam can, clean IMMEDIATELY after shooting with warmer water or windex, though it's the water, not the ammonia that dissolves the salts. Please don't use only a bore snake with Hoppes, my Mosin was a tad rusty when I inspected it the day after shooting it. YES EVERYONE THAT WAS MY BAD!

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Thank you, I was freaking out using Google to translate for me, and all I got was "корозивне" in Serbian, and "коррозионный" for Russian. :dunno:

Yugoslavia was divided into several sub-states Serbia & Croatia being two. Thus the different languages and years of civil war. Tito ruled with an iron hand and held the country together by blood and extreme force.

map-Shoup.jpg

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Yes, The Yugo Brass cased ammo is corrosive.
    It's also damn good ammo.
    I have a case tucked away myself, paid $100 a few years ago before things got crazy.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    From J&G Sales
    (The same type box is pictured)

"This is 7.62x39 Yugoslavian military surplus ammo, mostly 70s and 80s production. Has the 124GR FMJ bullet copper jacketed (non-magnetic) bullet, and a nice bright and shiny brass case and is berdan primed. This is corrosive ammunition. 15rd box. (Order 84 boxes to make one 1260rd Case.) "

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Unlike the rest of the Warsaw Pact, the Yugos did things right in my mind (though I would have chromed the bores of their guns and NOT have a civil war, relegating lots of their weapons to untrained Yugo folks who did not clean them! :D ). Supposedly due to lack of natural sources of chromium (dont know if that is BS or not), they did not chrome most of their rifles. However, to ensure proper functioning of their weapons regardless of dirt or non-chromed chambers, they:
    1. Brass cased all the ammo
    2. Made the ammo a little hotter than other Warsaw Pact national ammunition

The hotter, brass cased ammo ensured the weapon would cycle no matter what built up in their gun as far as gunk or dirt. I have fired quite a bit of the Yugo stuff. While I am not a believer in building hype, GET THIS AMMO WHILE YOU CAN, save it for a rainy day. Shoot up your Wolf for fun/practice, but keep this stuff in reserve. It is hot ammo, not excessive, but a definite difference that separates it from all other stuff I have fired. I would not consider this a plinking, bump fire like a retard ammo as it is top notch stuff for SHTF. Sealed and brass cased. It's safe to fire of course, but VERY VERY nice ammo. If I remember correctly, it was relatively consistant as well, no felt variation shot to shot, unlike Wolf. If Prvi wanted to make some serious money, they would dust off the old tooling and make this stuff again, non-corrosive of course. I also did not see any POI change from my cruddy Wolf sight in with this ammo. Also, it burned clean, not much flash either. However, despite the cleanliness thing, I did clean it well after firing (even though my old Romanian had a chromed bore).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    +1 for your CarmelHP!
    That's what I wanted proof that it's "corrosive".
    Now if Ican get the place where i bought it to price match what you have on that website I'll take more than 1 case. Otherwise I'll just take 1 case for now.

Top Bottom