• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I was buying these right from the store when we lived in PA. Very hard cast, very accurate, and the folks who run the joint are top-notch. I think the prices are quite reasonable. I'm going to keep buying my cast bullet from them, though I usually deal in 500-1000 bullets at a time.
    Better Bullets: http://www.betterbullets.com/documents/KSS_Pricing.pdf

I've not tried them yet, but after doing some research I think I'm going to give Berry's Mfg plated bullets a try. I'm going to order directly from them, the price quoted includes shipping. Something like $73 per 1000 for 9mm.
    Berry's Bullets: http://www.berrysmfg.com/

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    im new but have been very pleased with midway so far i dont know about 5000 at once but there prices have been lowest and shipping is amazingly quick

Yeah, I like Midway, but not for the bulk stuff. May end up buying freakin' primers from them though, since no on locally has them. :xmad:

I was buying these right from the store when we lived in PA. Very hard cast, very accurate, and the folks who run the joint are top-notch. I think the prices are quite reasonable. I'm going to keep buying my cast bullet from them, though I usually deal in 500-1000 bullets at a time.
    Better Bullets: http://www.betterbullets.com/documents/KSS_Pricing.pdf

I've not tried them yet, but after doing some research I think I'm going to give Berry's Mfg plated bullets a try. I'm going to order directly from them, the price quoted includes shipping. Something like $73 per 1000 for 9mm.
    Berry's Bullets: http://www.berrysmfg.com/

Yeah, I've checked them out, but I think their prices have been going up. Anyone have experience with Montana Gold? $275 for a case of 2000 anf FMJ instead of plated doesn't seem too bad.

I really need to start casting, but it's a bit intimidating to me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I like Midway, but not for the bulk stuff. May end up buying freakin' primers from them though, since no on locally has them. :xmad:

I may be wrong, but I thought I saw them at MC Sports. Seems like I saw Federals there. I did not notice the price, but it might be worth a phone call.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I really need to start casting, but it's a bit intimidating to me.

Along with a case tumbler, my wife bought me a Lee production pot for our anniversary last year, but I've not used it yet. Need molds, and the chutzpah to just jump in and try it out.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pat's is a good source for all things reloading when buying in bulk.
    Powder valley is another good source.

Powder Valley, Inc.

BFM Software - Contact Us

For cast bullets cast and lube size your own. I'm yet to find a commercial supplier that doesn't use a very hard lube due to the way they are handled when shipped and hard lube does not work.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Those are some good suggestions, I use powder valley for primers & powder. Lately, I've bought my hard-cast from Vance Bullets at the Indy 1500. I called ahead and put in an order for 13,000 and met him in the parking lot with my vehicle to avoid trying to haul that many out the door and across the parking lot.

There's been several posts lately about reloading, perhaps a reloading section is in order and/or a sticky with reloading supplier recommendations?

Top Bottom