• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Anybody know of any gunstores selling reloading supplies in Southern Indiana? I know Bass Pro in Clarksville has a limited supply. I'm mainly looking for primers. I hate paying Hazmat fees having them shipped.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    reloading supplies in Southern Indiana

About the best spot I know is Sport Garden on Highway 256 east of Austin Indiana about 5-6 miles.

Dale is the guy who runs it with his wife there sometimes.

Generally has a good supply of primers and powder. Some bullets. Generally a good supply of guns too.

Acme in Seymour has some supplies but not near as complete as
    Sport Garden and a higher price too.

Then there is Kieslers in Clarksville Indiana.

My all time favorite if you want to buy quite a bit is Knob Creek Range store in Kentucky. Just south of Louisville a few miles off Dixie Highway.
    Where they have the machine gun shoots each year.
    Good prices and a very good supply the last time I was there. Plus a really cool gun store.

Bassmasters in Seymour has some stuff but their prices are very high.

Sport Gardens prices are really close to what Midway has with no shipping charges.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I've been to Acme and Bassmasters In Seymour. No primers, just some powder. I bought some Titegroup from Bassmaster, his price was decent. I cast my own bullets, so I'm mainly looking for primers. I didn't notice any at Kiesler when I was in there, but I'll check again. Sport Garden sounds good, I'll just have to find it! Thanks for the help!

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I buy most of mine from Daves near Holland, IN. right off of I64. He had a great deal on Winchester primers about 3 weeks ago I bought 10,000 small rifle and 10,000 small pistol for $20 a 1000. Ended up going back later in the week and buying another 5000. He also always has CCI, Federal and Remington. A decent supply of powder as well. he has more reloading supplies than any of the other gun shops I have been in lately. R&J shooting supplies also has a good selection too.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Dave's is very well stocked. He carrys Sierra, Nosler, Hornady, Barnes (IIRC), and some bulk lead bullets.
    Very good selection of primers. Wish I would have known about that pricing.

Whittakers in Kentucky has a slightly better supply.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The Indian Creek Shooting Center, 5950 Gun club Rd., Georgetown, IN 47122, phone: (812) 951-3031. Wanda Seitz runs the place. She caters mostly to shotgun reloaders, but carries some powder and primers for rifle and pistol reloaders. If you aren't in a big hurry, you can usually get anything you want at a very good price in about 4 weeks by placing an order with her. She usually has very good prices on safes and usually has a few in stock.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    , so I'm mainly looking for primers. I didn't notice any at Kiesler when I was in there, but I'll check again. Sport Garden sounds good, I'll just have to find it! Thanks for the help!

Kiesler's definitely has primers, I have bought them there many times. The primers are behind the counter at the back of the store.

Terry

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Just ran over to Sport and Garden in Austin. Nice prices on primers ($26 per 1000-Winchester LP), lots of powder. Forgot to inquire as to bullets, but don't really need them. Business is in the midst of remodeling, they stated that the new "wing" of the shop will be mostly reloading supplies. Nice selection of new and used rifles, shotguns and pistols too. Surplus P6 (225) Sig for $299, most folks are jacking them up close to $400. Had a nice PPK for $349 also.

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    Next time you're in the Seymour area check out Bite the Bullet, just a few miles north of U.S. 50 on U.S. 31. Small but well-stocked shop on the west side of the highway.

Top Bottom