• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Every so often I get a bug up my butt to update my ammo pricing spreadsheet. This started as a tool I use when I go to gun shows.

I go to every single ammo dealer online and compare ammo prices. This then goes into a spreadsheet that tells me the cost PER ROUND. I need this because it is the only way to find the lowest cost for ammunition.

I shoot primarily surplus. I do NOT compare any new production ammunition UNLESS it is reasonably cheap and in large quantities.

I compare prices for the following rifle calibers: 8mm Mauser, 7.62x54R, 7.5x55mm Swiss, 7.62x39mm, .303 British, .30 - 06, 7.62x51mm, 5.45x39mm, 8x56R, 7.7x58mm, 6.5x52mm Carcano, and 6.5x55mm Swedish.

This normally takes me several days to complete.

If you would like me to email you a copy please send me your Email address and I'll put you on the list. I send this privately to everyone on the list so no one else sees your Email. I've got a bunch of guys from Gunboards who are already on the list.

Just let me know.

Doug

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    In today's market, you pretty much have to link directly to inventory. I'm seeing major distributors sell out of popular (.223, 7.62) ammo in record time; sometimes within hours.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I just reviewed Ammodaily.com.

It looks like someone is trying to do a good job but my calibers are vastly different from theirs. They are more into "modern" ammunition and I am almost exclusively using old military calibers.

They only compare prices from six (6) stores where I look at over 25 dealers. That's why I only do this once every couple of monthes. It is true that someone may sell out right away but I like my spreadsheet giving me a good idea of which direction to go in.

Also, on most of the calibers where we do overlap I've found lower prices.

I'm thinking I'm going to add 9x18mm Makarov and .30 Carbine to my spreadsheet soon. I have need of these now.:eek:

Respectfully,

Doug

Top Bottom