• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I love it when a plan comes together!:D I am a big fan of adjustable sights. I've found the high quality ones like Bo Mar to be very durable and repeatable. In pistol shooting, the lighter weight bullets will print lower than heavier ones.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    LOL

Now I just need to find if I can get 230gr Hydra-Shok bullets to load. I need to make sure my carry ammo shoots to the same POA windage wise.

The way the 230gr stuff prints, I really can't tell. Not nearly as accurate as the wadcutters.

Josh <><

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It is hard to find accurate 230 gr. ball ammo. Some of the better non-match stuff seemed to be American Eagle. I have a match 1911 that won't group well at 50 yards with factory match ball, but will group under 2.5" with my reloads using swaged semi-wadcutters. Of course this is out of the Ransom Rest. Some folks use a Sierra Match 230 gr. round nose full metal jacket bullet and get good results at 50 yards. If you load the 230 FMJRN bullet you need to drive it around 830-860 fps for good accuracy. The powderpuff loads don't work so well for that. For a lead swc you can load down around 760 fps and get very good accuracy. Of course it might not cycle in your gun with a factory recoil spring.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Thanks.

I have an 18.5lb Wilson recoil spring in my pistol, but the MS is around 21lbs so it balances out.

Some loads just kinda' dribble the spent cases out, but I've only had one FTE as of yet, and that was caused by a defective case.

Josh <><

Top Bottom