• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Indy doesn't seem to have much in the way of reloading supplies at the retail level. Plainfield stocks some powder, primers, bullets and brass. Gander Mountain has some too but get ready for sticker shock. Indiana Gun Club, out by Guiest has the best prices around on powder and primers but no bullets since most of their business is from trap and skeet shooters. The area really needs a store that specializes in reloading. Anyone want to start their own business? You could keep some costsa down by only dealing in reloading equipment and components, no guns. That would remove the FFL requirements.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Oh man, there used to be this shop off of Holt and Morris across from the Chrysler Foundry that was ONLY reloading supplies. They had everyfreakinthing! They set up at the 1500 now and don't have a storefront. It's a shame. The best brick and morter place to pick up supplies is PSS but they are limited and don't really cater to the bulk reloader, mostly only the precision handloader. That said, their primer and powder prices are decent.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have recently been into Bob's, I like him that I didn't give him a -1 for his recent behavior:
    115gr FMJ (.335) roughly 20 bucks for 100 pieces, Remington Manufacturer. They used to be 12 bucks before his latest shipment... This is only one example...

Rex, a good guy who works there, claims that no one can get bullets anymore. I ordered some online last week and got them yesterday. Bob is PUMPING UP his pricing on bullets big time. His powder and primers are decent priced (as you dont have to pay the Hazmat) and always have been, but his bullet pricing is getting out of control and his workers are now taught to say that you cant get them anywhere, everywhere is sold out. Complete BS. The popular bullets are sold out online (HP and such) but the FMJ stuff and plated stuff is still in full force out there. Yet another store falling for Supply/demand as a BS answer and excuse to raise prices to unrealistic levels. The only reason I will buy from him now is when he has something I want that he has not "corrected" the pricing on yet. I will buy powder and primers from him, but only until I find a group buy or another location that wont rip people off on everything else (hint hint). While I would not buy bullets too often from Bob in the past, I would buy from him while waiting on an online order, but not anymore...

We SERIOUSLY need a store in the local area (or Indiana for that matter) that doesnt have reloading as just a side project like Bob but seriously considers it a mainline factor of the shooting sport! Eric Rader and I (before he died) seriously had an idea of a store that would order parts, have a Glock Armorer on staff, and sell only components/powder/primers and specialty ammo (in addition to the big manufacturers, would would also carry Buffalo Bore, Black Hills, etc....), and be a chapterhouse for parts (ordering cataloge, but little markup if any). That dream has yet to become a reality and would not be able to begin in the current panic stupid market.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Anymore if I'm buying in bulk, I buy offline. It doesn't take very long to save the $20 you spend in Hazmat fees, plus you can actually get what you want. Gander Mountain is a flipping joke, try finding large pistol primers there.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    reloading

Hi,
    You must remember the Star Reloading Co. they had everything from a to z and did a lot of reloading for pistols mainly. I still have several boxes of their 38 spl loads, If I remember right they were near the foundry, I'm not sure when they went out, but I think it was quite a while back.
    The problem with keeping stuff in stock local is the cost to have it, when most people are content to go to midway or something like that and order online. not enough money to be made to pay the bills just dealing in reloading stuff.
    That's something I would like to do, but the margin is so thin it would not pay for itself, not to mention the special handling of powders if you get over so much in stock.

tsmysak1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    45 min south of Indy on 31
    Bite the Bullet - 812-445-3010

Mostly pistol stuff, but rifle bullets too. Powder, primers, etc. Stocks some bulk.

Great prices, probably won't negotiate unless you buy a bunch. I doubt you will find anything cheaper unless you go to Indiana Gun Club.

Top Bottom