• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Does anyone know where I can buy CCI Blazer .22 40-grain RN? I used to shoot this stuff by the case when Galyans sold it... but I can't find it now that Galyans got bought out by Dick's.

I'm not interested in ordering this ammo online - I've scoured the net for it and there aren't any good prices, especially when factoring in shipping.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Thanks for the tip. I might drop by Elmores next month when I go through Indy on my way to ACC. Do you know how much it costs there?

I'm interested in buying a whole case (5,000 rounds) so I'm not sure it'd be worthwhile to take those two boxes off your hands. But I do appreciate the offer.

Edit: Wal-mart doesn't carry Blazers. They do carry mini-mags, but they're a little too pricey for practice.

Last edited:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    They came from there and I only live a few miles from there.

I think that they are marked about 8.00 a 100 but I think that I paid less then 7.00.

If you want I can ask Jason the next time I'm in.

The only thing that I don't like is that they are subsonic and do not have a copper jacket.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Wow, I used to pay 79-cents a box at Galyans. They eventually got up to $11/500 before the supply dried up. I could shoot Mini-mags cheaper than Blazers at Elmore's prices.

The blazers are definately a light load and they are dirty, but they run 100% in my .22s and are almost as accurate as CCI Mini-mags (at half the price). I've had reliability problems from Federal bulk-pak and especially Winchester X-pert and Remington HP bulk.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I shoot a lot of bulk Federal with very few problems but when I shoot in something like Friday Night Steel I shoot the CCI High Velocity 36grain because of the copper jackets and almost 0 FTF.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I can't believe how much CCI Blaizer has gone up. Like m_deaner I remember paying 79 cents a box/ $7.99 a brick. Last night at Gander Mountain, well know for being high, I saw it for $3 a box. I can't believe $30 a brick of 500!!!!

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I shoot a lot of bulk Federal with very few problems but when I shoot in something like Friday Night Steel I shoot the CCI High Velocity 36grain because of the copper jackets and almost 0 FTF.

I also shoot a lot of bulk Federal and it's generally pretty good. I think it's the best of the Wal-mart bulk 22. But I used Federal bulk at FNS and had two FTFs and my son had three FTFs and one dud. He wants me to get some blazer.

I just bought a case of CCI Mini Mag 40-grain round points and I'll be using them for future steel events. But I think the accuracy of the Mini Mag bullets would be wasted on my son... for him, I just need inexpensive 22 ammo that's very reliable. I am not comfortable with him clearing FTFs and duds.

I think I'll eventually cave in and give him Mini Mags... I shouldn't be so cheap.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was just at Walmart and they had the bulk packs (550) of Remington, Federal and Winchester that were $12-$16. The Remington was 16 something for sure, not certain about the other prices, I think Winchester was the cheapest. Also had plenty of 9mm, 45 ACP and .223 in stock.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, as much as I HATE to tell anyone to go here.... Cosners in Bedford used to carry Blazer ammo as I purchased some there. I would call to see if they still have it. Then if they do... I'd still buy somewhere else! :): Good luck in the search, I have not been there in about 1.5 years, but they used to have a bunch.

I have a few small boxes I got to try, and it will not run in anything I have tried it in. I get jams no matter what, I guess I'll save it till I have a bolt .22 to use it in.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Matt,

Rural King in Martinsville had about 10 cases of it just two days ago. 1.99 a box of 50 I think. I've shot about 8k of the stuff, a bit dirty but more reliable than remington or winchesters if you ask me.

So, Rural King is a good store to go to anyways if you ask me.

Eric

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Matt,

Rural King in Martinsville had about 10 cases of it just two days ago. 1.99 a box of 50 I think. I've shot about 8k of the stuff, a bit dirty but more reliable than remington or winchesters if you ask me.

Eric
    Where was it? I was up there early last week and couldn't find anything but Remington.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Matt,

Eric

Thanks; I'm not too far from Martinsville. I'll drop by there some time this week. I appreciate your help.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Big R's in Crawfordsville has it, so perhaps that will be a good place to check if you have one locally.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    They are plain lead with a waxy lube.
    "Jacketed" .22LR are really "copper-washed", meaning they have a very thin copper plating on them. They really aren't FMJs.

Shipping was about $28, but keep in mind I bought a case and a half (over 7,500 rounds).

Price with shipping and insurance per box of 50 is $1.62

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    They are plain lead with a waxy lube.
    "Jacketed" .22LR are really "copper-washed", meaning they have a very thin copper plating on them. They really aren't FMJs.

Shipping was about $28, but keep in mind I bought a case and a half (over 7,500 rounds).

Price with shipping and insurance per box of 50 is $1.62

Thanks, not a bad price :yesway:

Top Bottom