• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I stopped in Wal Mart in Franklin today and bought six boxes of blazer brass 9mm. As the clerk was checking me out he said he was told in one of his employee meetings that they are considering only allowing a 2 box purchase per person per day. Anybody else heard this?

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Not up here in Hammond. Not that I heard, I'm not one of the People PANIC buying. Another benefit to casting and re-loading. I need to get into that.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I just don't get it. I do shoot quite a bit and purchased a BUNCH of bullets today from INGO member M Deaner and simply bought the Blazer to cycle through to reload. Just seemed odd.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Two boxes a day? That's not worth the walk to the back of the store, much less driving all the way there.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    They did not say anything to me when i was buying 16 boxes to day in anderson :dunno:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I'm amazed at all of the knowledge and inside information the Wallyworld clerks have..

Kinda reminds me of the gas station clerk this summer telling me it was the last time I would ever pay less than $4.00 for a gallon of gas..;)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Maybe wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 20 minutes to find a damn clerk.

That's during the day. Try midnight with 4 whole people on staff.
    I had them page someone to sporting goods when I walked in and 30 minutes later I started playing with their phone system until I reached someone. They said they would send someone immediately. 20 minutes later I wandered off and found someone in electronics and made them call a manager who brought a key 10 minutes later. Then I got stuck in line for 20 minutes while they sorted out a food stamp error.

If they had limited me to 2 boxes after that I might have lost it. :xmad:

Knew I should have got that Valentine's Day card and roses before the last minute.:rolleyes:

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    huh, I am not sure what that would help??? I thought the idea was to sell the product??? Who cares who buys it or how many as long as it sold?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I was buying at wally world a few weeks ago and was explained that wal-mart was having trouble getting a hold of ammo and that's why prices were going up. I think if they limit to 2 boxes per person per day, they'll have more people coming there for ammo as they won't always be out and hoping to sell other accessories. That's my guess!

harmonyaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    ammo limit

Have not had that issue here in Bloomington but I have not been in to buy ammo in a few weeks. I hope its not the case because I can barely stand to go through the doors even with the promise ammo waiting.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Maybe wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take 20 minutes to find a damn clerk.

No kidding. I waited for 10 minutes yesterday in the Nobletucky Walmart and couldn't find anyone within 5 or 6 aisles of the sporting goods department. Sheesh!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    There have always been the occasional idiots in walmarts who freak out when you buy a lot of ammo.

I remember back in 2000 when WWB was 4.49 a box and I'd buy 20, 30, sometimes 40 boxes at a time.

Once I had a clerk and manager during that time say 10 boxes was all corporate would allow them to sell at once.

I made 4 trips in and out that day, lol. I really only wanted 10 boxes.. but they pissed me off.

I miss the days of reasonably priced ammo.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I went to the Walmart here in Portage, I was picking up some parts for my girlfriends car radio. The day before I went to BassPro to get a box of .22 rounds, for 525 rounds it was $19.99, at Walmart 550 rounds for $13.47, unfortunately I had already bought the 525 from BP.

BTW Cabelas in Hammond has a pretty big stock on .223 ammo right now.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Any of you fine gentleman know if Wal-mart carries .44 special? Cost?

Thanks!
    ~Poe

(In an attempt not to thread jack I am going to start a new thread with my question)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom