• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The two Walmarts down here in Evansville never seem to have a good supply of ammo. I check every couple of weeks. Haven't even been able to find popular calibers like 9mm, .40 or .45ACP.

I'd love to snap up some of that 9mm at that price.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Did they happen to have any JHP?

I'm guessing that "1cs" means 1 case?

Thanks Rich

Damn it, I just bought 1000rds of UMC at Rural king because I couldn't find ammo any place else and got scared I was going to end up paying more. Anyone shot UMC before?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    The thing that is messed up is I asked the guy if there was any 9mm available he said no. I asked what about in the back he said no everything is out. As I was walking away on a pallet sitting just outside sporting goods waiting to be put on the shelf were these 2 cases of ammo. So I had to go back get someone to find the guy and say WTF is this dude. He said "OH I dint know bout thaat"... So I took 2 boxes and paid up front...

dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    walmart

you just have to keep a close watch. I drive all over the state and when I do I stop in at every walmart I pass checking for ammo. last week I snagged about 500 rounds of 40 and 300 rounds of 45. 28.98 for 100 round boxes of 40 and 29.98 for 100 round boxes of 35

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    It really comes and goes on the E. 96th street store, sometimes they're pretty well stocked, then the next day they're wiped out. They've always had some bulk packs of .22LR and the odd rifle calibers even when they're wiped out of more common rifle and handgun calibers. I'll buy as much as I can most every time I'm there, but I won't go into debt to buy it. The sporting goods section employees say that people will come in and buy it all up almost as soon as they can restock it.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    you just have to keep a close watch. I drive all over the state and when I do I stop in at every walmart I pass checking for ammo. last week I snagged about 500 rounds of 40 and 300 rounds of 45. 28.98 for 100 round boxes of 40 and 29.98 for 100 round boxes of 35

That strategy seems to be working for you, I'll also stop in from time to time at other "out of my way" Walmarts and buy whatever they have that I can use.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've heard that some Wal-Mart has a guy that they call when ammo comes in and let him get first dibs at it. That's :bs: right there!

p0sitive1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Evansville
    The two Walmarts down here in Evansville never seem to have a good supply of ammo. I check every couple of weeks. Haven't even been able to find popular calibers like 9mm, .40 or .45ACP.

I'd love to snap up some of that 9mm at that price.

Was in the westside store the other day and they told me someone was calling in every morning to see if a shipment came in, and if it did they go in and buy in all.
    :xmad:

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    That is what a very nice looking female told me that worked at the Avon one. Must be nice to know people.

The guy at the Pendleton Pike Walmart will call me if I go in there and leave my number when they are out of stock. I didn't get in there fast enough last time and they were all out (2-3 days after the phone call).

Top Bottom