• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not too long ago, I started a thread detailing a friend's experience with getting some phony Aguila ammunition in his ATG order. Friend's been in the hospital the better part of the last week and I've just now got a photo that he took of the headstamp.

Original thread is here:https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../23805-ammunition_to_go_check_your_stuff.html

Photo of the headstamp is here:
    bad-ammo.jpg

Looks like it's the "same" as Shooter posted in the original thread.

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Did your buddy take the matter up with Ammunition To Go, or does he plan to? Has he shot any of the mystery ammo?

I still haven't been able to identify the manufacturer that goes with that headstamp.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    He's been in contact with both Aguila AND ATG... But then he went off work and I haven't been able to really talk with him for several days.

He and another buddy/co-worker did attempt shooting the stuff and had all kinds of problems...mostly feeding and ejecting. (with 3-4 different pistols) That's what prompted his first call to Aguila....to complain.

Do you remember where you came by that .45ACP case that you have?

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    ATG asked for the remainder of the goofy ammo back....and replaced it with some other brand of .40.

Co-worker told me that the folks at ATG were NOT happy about the situation (not at my buddy, but that someone, apparently, ripped them off)

-J-

Top Bottom