• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    My Glock 23 and I have had a few issues with WWB .40's. Out of 300 rounds in two trips to the range I've had 3 FTF's. Ok, I'm assuming this is an FTF as I am a gun newb and this is my first gun. The round is fed but it's at a 45 degree angle lodged at the top of the breechface and the action is left open. I tried a tap on the magazine, nothing. I have to remove it and cycle the action which kicks the round out.

I've shot 50 rounds of Fiocci, about 70-80 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 155 Grain JHPs (My SD ammo) and 50 rounds of American Eagle without any issues.

Anyone else have issues with this ammo? I buy it at WalMart in the 100 round value packs?

FYI, this is a new Glock with now about 450 rounds through it. I clean and lube it after each range visit?

Am I overreacting or this somewhat common with target ammo?

Thanks,

FG12351

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I have read that some people polish the ramp, others have said that they slightly roughed up the ramp and that helped as well.
    I have never heard of a Glock having a problem with FTF, but I am fairly new to Glocks myself...have only had mine a couple of years.
    I would say that if you don't want to make any adjustments to your Glock, then stay away from that bad ammo.
    I've mainly only shot cheap Blazzer Brass thru mine, so not sure of other brands.

dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    don't own anything in .40, but I had some ftf's in a walther ppk/s in .380 using WWB from walmart. if i remember right WWB has a flat nose, which i chalked up to the feed ramp, as it fed ball nose just fine. I think ATF has the right idea, try some different ammo brands and see how they work. every firearm has a brand that it will like better than others.

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I didn't have any failure to feed's but i did have a failure to fire last weekend with winchester white box 40's. We were shooting my friends new xd .40 in the service model. 1 round out of the 100 we had did not fire. The Primer strike did not look any different than any other round we put through it.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Glocks usually feed everything. The limp wristing is a good thing to check. Be careful if you polish your feed ramp -- if you start removing metal you could mess things up -- do it very gently if at all.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have shot thousands of rounds of WWB in 9mm and .40 over the years. Never had a failure that I can recall.

Top Bottom