• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Went to my local Walmart in Kokomo to be exact. Wanted to see what ammo they had in stock not much shelves were already picked over. With a line a patrons standing back at the firearms counter a employee comes out and states "we got a truck this afternoon with no ammo and we have no plans to restock at this moment". Now I know Walmart met with Biden this past week but something this extreme is crazy. Is this because their suppliers can't fill the demand or a media driven policy change?

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I asked the sporting goods manager at our wal mart he said there was no ammo in the distribution warehouse and was not sure how long it would be. He never hinted they would not restock but that he just can't get it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    They rarely had the ammo I wanted before the current run on guns and ammo.

My cz likes the federal 510b ammo they sell for $1.97,every time I happen into a walmart I check to see if they have any, half the time they are out the outher half they have 2 or 3 boxes

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Walmart turned down Biden's invitation to meet BTW.

That doesn't mean that they haven't already approached Feinstein/Schumer and company, to push for retail sales exclusivity of firearms and ammunition.

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    My wife works at a Wal-mart distro center and her main job is to pack ammo, she work's their week-end shift 10hours aday packs ammo all day so their sending it somewhere. She said they have a constant order for ammo.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I'm sure its no conspiracy...simply a lack of supply due to holidays reducing shipments from manufacturers and arguably a ridiculous level of demand.

Wal-Mart has thousands of stores, right? That's a LOT of ammunition...

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Walmart in Indy, next to my work, said they would have a shipment in this weekend and that they had recently received a shipment for 5.56 that they hadn't seen in months. Must be local to Kokomo.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Walmart did initially decline to join Biden's meeting but they did change their mind and have sent a rep to the meeting. I work at one of the metro area store and have about ten cases of 40's, 380's 45's in the back and am expecting the more common stuff to trickle in as the suppliers send it to our distribution centers, just got a couple of cases last week as a matter of fact.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Went to my local Walmart in Kokomo to be exact. Wanted to see what ammo they had in stock not much shelves were already picked over. With a line a patrons standing back at the firearms counter a employee comes out and states "we got a truck this afternoon with no ammo and we have no plans to restock at this moment". Now I know Walmart met with Biden this past week but something this extreme is crazy. Is this because their suppliers can't fill the demand or a media driven policy change?
    They probably had no plans to restock at that moment b/c they had no new stock to restock with.

I spoke with the clerk at the desk at the Cumberland WM yesterday, and they had plenty of ammo that had just been put on the shelf, just no 9mm or .223/5.56 that I was looking for.

tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I talked to the sporting goods guy at the Bluffton store. They had about 100 boxes of 22-250 (white Winchester 40 count 45grn HP) and 20-30 Winchester .40, but no 9mm or 22 bulk. He said they aren't allowed to manually order any more, it's all done by computer control. He had a bunch of 22bulk coming and the computer canceled it. Guess that way all the stores can get little of everything and some store doesn't get say 100 boxes of 22-250.:dunno:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Wall-mart would be foolish not to send a rep to that meeting, just to hear where the vice-idiot was coming from...we all know Biden has no filter between mouth and what passes for his brain.
    Hard to stay ahead of whatever dumb plans they have if you close your ears to everything they say.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yep

I agree that the largest retailer in the country should be attending those meetings. That would most certainly be more informative than trying to gather what's going on by reading a forum. :rolleyes: They didn't get where they are by not paying attention.

As for ammo distribution, you can bet your last penny they will send ammo to their stores which sell the most ammo. That's called marketing. They do it better than anybody, anywhere, ever!

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    This is one of several threads I've seen in the past few days declaring that Walmart wouldn't be stocking ammo anymore. I have two thoughts:

1) They will keep ordering ammo as long as they can turn a dime on it. Trust me, they aren't going to pull one of their top selling products.

2) God help us all if Walmart has become our only source of ammo.

I'll be at the reloading bench if you need me.

Top Bottom