• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Went to Walmart on the West Side of Evansville to pick up some 9mm (got 1000 rounds). The clerk was telling me how fast the ammo was selling these days, and he said:

"The warehouse won't send us much ammo right now because they are holding it back to so they can put those serial numbers on them when that law passes."

I kid you not. I smiled and walked away with my 10 boxes of WWB.

:n00b::n00b::n00b:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Really? They're going to unbox all that ammo at the warehouse and microstamp each round? Nice. Wal-Mart has some pretty fancy machinery at those warehouses.

bigray46725

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    CC
    yeah i got an email about that its not just walmart the state is doing so, and they will be able to track all the amo you buy cause they put it in a system under your name thats bull crap its our right...................

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    yeah i got an email about that its not just walmart the state is doing so, and they will be able to track all the amo you buy cause they put it in a system under your name thats bull crap its our right...................

Really? The state's going to microstamp our ammunition? How, exactly?

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Really? The state's going to microstamp our ammunition? How, exactly?

This guy, and the rest of the trailer park are being forced to do it on Bingo night..
    walmart.jpg

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    How to defeat the "micro-stamp" zombies:

Put all your ammo in your revolvers and take the cases home with you after you've "done the bad deed." Pat

DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I dont know about the whole serial number on ammo but I do know that the Wal-Mart where I live has been out of virtually everything for about a month now. Every week they are "Getting some in on the next truck" makes me sick

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Jaytucky Walmart

The wal-mart in good ole jaytucky seems to be getting in shipment regularly but i have been buying it all up shame on me

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There was a bill in Indiana that required that All ammo sold after June 30, 2009 would have to be serial numbered and all non serial numbered would have to be disposed of by I think July 1 2010 or 2011. Also it asked for a tax on the ammo to enforce this. Thankfully this did NOT PASS. I would assume that they will try this again. This bill was introduced in multiple states, however I don't know of any where it came close to passing. The cost alone would cause the price off ammo to sky rocket. Also the question becomes do you serialize the bullet or the case. If someone picks up their brass the number is useless. If you go to a range and pick up the brass and reload then what. But if you mark the projectile where do you mark it. If you mark the copper jacket it is going to be damaged by the bbl and maybe the impact. If you mark the base it might survive the impact but how do the police or anyone else check the serial number prior to the bullet being shot. If you mark both what happens for reloads? The law makes no sense and is a knee jerk reaction to law makers trying to track ammo used in violent crimes. Oh and did I mention that criminals very rarely buy the serial numbered item over the counter and show their ID. They will simply buy the ammo in a state that does not require the info. Or buy the ammo in Mexico or Canada. But, these are the officials we elected I don't think Jon Elrod would have supported this but we did not re-elected him did we?

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Really? They're going to unbox all that ammo at the warehouse and microstamp each round? Nice. Wal-Mart has some pretty fancy machinery at those warehouses.

This is how Obama's gonna put everyone to work. Issue all out of work citizens a hammer and set of tiny number stamps and send them to Wal-Mart warehouses. Once the job is done, they'll just roll out the razor wire and inter them.

tinfoilhat.gif

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is how Obama's gonna put everyone to work. Issue all out of work citizens a hammer and set of tiny number stamps and send them to Wal-Mart warehouses. Once the job is done, they'll just roll out the razor wire and inter them.

tinfoilhat.gif

Hopefully they will be told to stamp the primer...

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    How much do these idiots get paid to come up with this type of crap? Way to much crappy government! Dare I say it ................somebody should be shot.

Codiwan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    The asinine idea of ammo serialization did not come from the government but from a businessman in seattle. They have patented a way to laser etch bullets, hired a lobbying firm to introduce legislation in each state, and are trying to get the ammunition companies to produce it, and bear the brunt of the logistics involved. They found at least one idiot in 18 states to introduce the legislation, and it got thrown out each time. Government is not always the enemy. Typically in our country, the enemy is driven by profit.

The current bullet shortage is due to high metal prices, inflation, folks hoarding ammo, and greed by the manufacturers.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was under the impression that firing pins would be etched somehow. This way, you can track a spent case to the gun. Revolvers be damned I guess. Also, this solves the reloading problem as you discard the old primers. I don't know, just what I heard probably not even close to the truth!

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    "The warehouse won't send us much ammo right now because they are holding it back to so they can put those serial numbers on them when that law passes."

I kid you not. I smiled and walked away with my 10 boxes of WWB.

I think it has more to do with the quality of a standard Wal-Mart worker, judging from the ones I normally have to deal with...:rolleyes:

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Well, looks like this thread failed. Usually this type of stuff is exactly how the OP made it look :banana:'s. Turns out this was something that was thought of.:dunno:

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Well... I bought a scope last week for my Ruger and decided that I could downsize the scope to a smaller power. So I went back Saturday night to the one here in town and was told by a he/she (couldn't tell which one it was) that the reason they quit selling guns was because of all the testing they had to do and that the FBI got tired of coming in to do the individuals paperwork whenever they sold a gun. After all the flooding of feces coming from there mouth I decided to key him/her in on my purchases that I had recently made and then turned to my side where it was noticeable that I was carrying. I bought my scope and then was on my way as quickly as possible. And then returned the damn thing today :D turned out my first one was my favorite anyways.

Top Bottom