• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I know it's near impossible to buy 22 ammo in the stores. But is there any chance online at a reasonable price? Even if it takes a few weeks?

I am thinking about getting a Savage Rascal for the Grandkids. But I am not doing it until at least buying a couple bulk packs. I figure since its a single shot a few hundred rounds will last a little while.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Good luck. Many people are searching for the popular ammo types including .22lr. If anyone offers it at close to pre-panic prices, it is gone very very quickly.

westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Good luck. Many people are searching for the popular ammo types including .22lr. If anyone offers it at close to pre-panic prices, it is gone very very quickly.

That why I was wondering about buying online. I didnt know if it was possible to order online even if I was put on a waiting list?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your best bet is probably placing a WTB add right here in the classifieds...

The problem with buying online is the shipping, especially if there is a limit and you get nailed on shipping of (1) brick.... MidwayUSA, a couple days ago, had Remington subsonic bricks for around 33.00.. The trouble is limit of one and the shipping would of been an additional 17.00.....

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I know it's near impossible to buy 22 ammo in the stores. But is there any chance online at a reasonable price? Even if it takes a few weeks?

I am thinking about getting a Savage Rascal for the Grandkids. But I am not doing it until at least buying a couple bulk packs. I figure since its a single shot a few hundred rounds will last a little while.

In what part of the state are you located?

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Yea, your best bet is going to be posting an wtbin the classifieds. I am on several email lists on different websites, and most of the time by the time I get to the computer to order some, they are already sold out, most the time.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Does anyone have any idea as to WHY 22lr is simply not there? I wouldn't think that the DHS would buy it... where is it all?

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Does anyone have any idea as to WHY 22lr is simply not there? I wouldn't think that the DHS would buy it... where is it all?

IMO the problem is gougers. They are buying it all up when it becomes available so they can sell it for double their cost. We can all stop that by not buying from them and making it harder for them to do what they're doing.

This is where it's all at. Guys like this.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/13582...-rounds-of-22lr-long-rifle-bulk-ammo-for-sale

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It is a simple increase in demand. Most every gun owner has at least one .22. It is cheaper than any other ammo. Many are shifting more of their shooting to .22s right now and trying to build up their own stocks. This is not the first time there has been a run on ammo during Obama's presidency. People are learning the value of being prepared for potentially long shortages.

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    What BigTanker posted. Go to that site and click .22 and set a price limit you want to pay and turn your sound up loud. When a new item is listed it will sound an alarm, click the link and order. If you wait 30 seconds it may be sold out. So have your card ready. Good luck.

Top Bottom