Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

what can you tell me about this ammo...

what can you tell me about this ammo, I know its 7.5x55 Swiss but is it corrosive? is it reloadable? what are its ballistic characteristics? what is it worth were I to sell it?

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Expert

User Info Menu

It's from a foreign country............

You might try some of the milsurp sites if you don't find out anything here.

User Info Menu

I'd call that phone number and ask them. 591-1100? Sorry I have nothing useful to add.
    “Go tell the Spartans, travelers passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.”

"Before you say something about the barbecue sauce on somebody else's shirt, take a look at the barbecue sauce on your own shirt" Kid President

Expert

User Info Menu

I've heard of this cartridge but no experiance with it. I found this :
    7.5×55mm Swiss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shooter

User Info Menu

Looks like Swiss surplus ammo. Very accurate stuff. I want to say it's around $1 a shot but don't hold me to that.

User Info Menu

Treat it like it's corrosive and shoot it... Just flush the barrel and any exposed metal with warm soapy water, and then clean as normal. It's the compounds in the Berdan primer that creates corrosive salts when burnt. Clean your gun more like you would a Black Powder gun and you will be fine. As far as reloading, if it's boxer primed, and brass cased chances are pretty good it can be reloaded. If it is Berdan primed, it would be a lot of hassle to reload, and probably not worth your trouble.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.-- Vogt

User Info Menu

“Go tell the Spartans, travelers passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.”

"Before you say something about the barbecue sauce on somebody else's shirt, take a look at the barbecue sauce on your own shirt" Kid President

User Info Menu

G11 is non corrosive. The best milsurp ammo ever made. You'll see guys shooting it in the vintage matches at Perry.60 round packs were (I said were) about $40 before this latest nonsense.

User Info Menu

Yep, Swiss GP11. Some of the finest service ammo ever loaded. 174 grain bullet, Berdan primed. And yes, it is noncorrosive. Current value is about 50-60 cents a round, that's the price I found over the weekend.

User Info Menu

sweet, I just got 3 of the sealed 480 round battle packs in as trade for some items I wasnt using anyway

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc