• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    what can you tell me about this ammo, I know its 7.5x55 Swiss but is it corrosive? is it reloadable? what are its ballistic characteristics? what is it worth were I to sell it?

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    Treat it like it's corrosive and shoot it... Just flush the barrel and any exposed metal with warm soapy water, and then clean as normal. It's the compounds in the Berdan primer that creates corrosive salts when burnt. Clean your gun more like you would a Black Powder gun and you will be fine. As far as reloading, if it's boxer primed, and brass cased chances are pretty good it can be reloaded. If it is Berdan primed, it would be a lot of hassle to reload, and probably not worth your trouble.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    G11 is non corrosive. The best milsurp ammo ever made. You'll see guys shooting it in the vintage matches at Perry.60 round packs were (I said were) about $40 before this latest nonsense.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yep, Swiss GP11. Some of the finest service ammo ever loaded. 174 grain bullet, Berdan primed. And yes, it is noncorrosive. Current value is about 50-60 cents a round, that's the price I found over the weekend.

Top Bottom