• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • starbury33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    I went to Gander Mountain today to pick up some ammunition for my Ruger Mark 3. I stayed away from the Remingtons' brands as I've heard it causes many fte/ftf issues with this gun. There was one brand that I'm not familiar with and the Federal Spitfire. The Federal was going for $40 for 500rnds. I was hoping for something half that price. Is Wal-mart the only store that carries those cheapy? What makes the Spitfire that much more and is it worth it?

Thanks!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Federal Target 22lr are $24.00 at Dicks' for 500 rounds that last time I checked. I shoot them in my 10-22, SingleSix and Buck Marks. No problems and are good rounds for causal target shooting.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Around here, BassPro has .22LR for about $20 Give or take 2 dollars. Walmart sells Federal, box of 550 I think, at $14 and some change.

BTW: In my Ruger 10/22, the Federals always gave me FTE problems, not the Remingtons. I bought one box of federals, and decided that I will pay the extra $2 at Walmart for the Remington Golden Bullet. Which is still cheaper that BassPro.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    instead of the bulk federal, get the blue box $1.47 stuff at walmart. its .03 cents a round instead of .02 cents for the bulk, and its MUCH!!! better for accuracy and not near as dirty.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i buy all the federal i can at wal mart,i always leave the rem. golden,but i never have had a problem w/ rem..i see the fed bulk sell at other places for 20.00.i want some wolf mt.that seems to be the best in my autos and bolts.best for reasonable price.i need to get back to shooting fed. bulk.i have a 541t rem. that i got sunday at seymour show and if it shoots fed. good,thats all its gonna shoot.i need to go shoot some of my new 22 rifles before i put them up.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    Na Slab, it's just that WW in Greenwood is currently sold out of those 510's.:crying:

sorry to hear that. when it comes in at the 2 walmarts that i visit regularly, i buy every box they have. i cant shoot it up as fast as it comes in. one day it will be like having a giant tomb of gold!!!!:rockwoot:

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    ha ha i hadnt seen that.

oh yeah to keep on topic, for the big bawler shooters i prefer CCI stingers and wolf match.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Anyone used the Winchester Xpert 22LR Walmart is selling for $13 a brick these days?

This is the worst .22 ammo I've ever used. Jammed every round in my P22 and jammed constantly in my buddy's Ruger MKIII.

Federal Champion (blue box) is great stuff and pretty economical (550 rds. for $20 online).

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This is the worst .22 ammo I've ever used. Jammed every round in my P22 and jammed constantly in my buddy's Ruger MKIII.

Federal Champion (blue box) is great stuff and pretty economical (550 rds. for $20 online).

Yeah, I prefer this, but Walmart was out, and I had heard bad things about the 550 packs of Remington, so I thought "What the heck?" for $12.97 plus tax!

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Yeah, I prefer this, but Walmart was out, and I had heard bad things about the 550 packs of Remington, so I thought "What the heck?" for $12.97 plus tax!

I read bad things about the "Remington Golden Bullet" and so far it is some of the better .22 ammo I have used. My Ruger 10/22 just doesn't like the federal stuff.

Top Bottom