• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • undecided

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Planning on getting a 10/22 and was wondering what everyone thought were the best 10/22 25 or 30rd magazines for it. I know 10/22s can be kind of finicky and everybody's works the best with different stuff but I was wondering what the best were in your opinion.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Butler Creek Steel Lips are pretty much the industry standard. The Tactical Innovations polymer and aluminum mags are supposed to be better, but are also twice the price. Pick your poison and stock up!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I can tell you I have had a pair of Butler Creek banana mags for almost 15+ years. I can not guess how many tens of thousands of shells have gone through them. They can definitely take as much abuse as you can give them and keep on performing!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have the Tac. Innovations mags and they are amazing. Fully adjustable to lock tightly into your 10/22 and also come completely apart for easy cleaning. I think they are worth the price.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I have the Butler Creek "Hot Lips" mag. So far it has held up to at least 1000rnd's, but is starting to show signs of wear. The difference between the steel lips and hot lips is the "lips" are plastic on the "hot lips". I tried to find "steel lips" but every where was sold out so I settled for the plastic.

Image below shows what I am talking about. Red is plastic grey is steel.

banana_mags.png

undecided

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Thanks. Seems like the butler creeks are the way to go. Also I just realized I posted this in ammo instead of accessories in case a mod wanted to move it.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Just remember, you may have 25rnds to shoot, but at the range it takes more time to reload the extended mags. I suggest investing in the Butler Creek Speed loader, I paid $30 for it at BassPro and I am glad I did.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom