• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Had an interesting thing happen yesterday while reloading. The Plastic Spacer Retaining Plug broke off this allowed the spacer to move back and thus turned the powder measure into a powder fountain. I quickly put my thumb over the front stopping the powder flow. This turned me into the kid with his finger in the dike. Had to yell for the wife to come to the shop and give me a hand. Not a big deal but it was a rude awakening first thing in the morning. Ended up loosing about 1/4 cup of Titegroup on me & the floor. Luckily I had another plug and was right back at it. The old one was old and brittle. A missed odd case caused the powder bar to get pushed against it hard enough to snap it off.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I reload pistol rounds on a friends dillon.

We learned about federal primer during the great primer shotage of 2009. Federal primers and dillon progressives are not a good mix. When the primer feed tube was finally found and the mess cleaned up we figured we were very lucky. No damage dillion replace all broken parts and sent a couple of extras. Dillion also sent a nice updated manual of operation that now states not to use federal primers. TO soft of a case of to quick to explode power mix on them. Maybe a bit of both.

Oh his cat use to want to mess with him while reloading. Now the cat leaves as soon as the machine starts working.

Nelg

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Elkhart
    My 650 spits out a little bit of powder that falls off of the slide bar. It is not a ton of powder but after a 1000 round I have to clean it up off the floor. If I'm wearing shorts I can feel it hit my legs. I'm using Bullseye powder. Is this happening to anyone else? Just wondering if the hour wait on hold for tech support at Dillon is necessary.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Buying it in 1# containers is killing me. I can't wait for the 8# jugs to be available again. I scored 20 1# containers a month ago. I'm hoping the 8# jugs are available before I run out. It's not looking good though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom