• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do You Use A Case Cleaner For Your Brass?

• Total voters

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Yep, 4 hours with Lyman's Tuff Nut and Frankford Armory brass polish. Look better than new.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I bet more wives would be more enthusiastic or help reload if the tumbler had a saddle...

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Yep, I use one most of the time. I actually use plain white rice for media in my cleaner. it cleans very well and although it doesn't give the highly polished finish of corn cobs or walnut, it does and excellent job and is extremely cheap!

Doug K

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Always!!!!

Before I deprime and size then again after to remove any lube

Yep! What he said.

I use walnut hull with a shot of liquid car polish and have since the inception of the vibratory cleaner many years ago. The walnut hull is fine enough to not plug flash holes and just in general does a better job of cleaning than anything else. The car polish leaves a brite finish alright, but the best part is it helps guard against corrosion from moisture and keeps contaminates from sticking to the brass that could damage chambers and magazines.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Yep, I use one most of the time. I actually use plain white rice for media in my cleaner, it does and excellent job and is extremely cheap!

Doug K

That is a great idea! I would have never thougt of that. Thanks for the tip.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Hey if it's what Bert (Tremors) does, then it's good enough for me, of course I think he had a Dillion, me I've got a Lyman Turbo something or nother, and use walnut. I decap first also.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    In the tumbler I use green treated corn cob media w/ liquid car polish added. You can get old car polish from friends and family and it really puts a shine on the brass and makes the media last longer.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I use corncob media and brasso...but maybe next time I might try something new. White rice and car wax sounds possible, and cheap too!
    Thanks for the tips

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just remember, ammonia weakens brass, so you shouldn't use a polish with ammonia in it (Brasso).

I just use the stuff Lyman makes along with their pre-treated corn cob. Sure you can save a few dollars by buying it elsewhere, but in the long run, it isn't that much of a savings and I find the Lyman media better as it is finer.

I use a Thumler's tumbler instead of the vibrating one because I got tired of the noise and I can use ceramic wet media in it. Talk about cleaning brass...

Top Bottom