• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive been looking for some .22LR CCI Mini-Mag ammo for my upcoming appleseed shoot, and not having much luck. Over the weekend I was at the inlaws and found some CCI Mini-Mag hollow point ammo.

I purchased some to try out, but in the mean time does anyone have any experience with the accuracy of the Mini-Mag HP ammo vs. the regular Mini-Mag ammo?

thanks,
    clay

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    In my experience the accuracy is about the same.
    I tested both using a benchrested 10/22 with a Butler Creek heavy barrel (match chamber). Accuracy with mini-mags was excellent - around .5" at 50-yards.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    With all due respect, you probably can't hold better than any rimfire ammo that you use will shoot at 25 yards out of any rifle that you choose to shoot. When you get to the point that your hold is 1 moa or less, the ammo accuracy starts becoming important.

Go and have a good time and don't stress out over the accuracy of your ammo. Anything 4 moa or less is good at Appleseed. And that doesn't rule out much....

Regards

punker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    north west side indianapolis
    cci

this is a group that i shot out of my stock 10/22 with 9x scope on top, this weekend at 100 yards with cci mini-mag ammo
    picture.php
    [/IMG]

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah, I saw that! very impressive! I just wonder if you switched to hollow point mini-mags if the groups would open up. Most opinions seem to say no.

Top Bottom