• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Whew.... Im glad that I reload. Its up to about $200 for 1K now.... I have another 5K in bullets on the way, these were $45 per 1K.

The .308 is still up there even reloading!!!:xmad:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I got a 1000 rounds of PMC from 21st century for 349 not to long ago, and thought that was to high, but it was the cheapest around. Same week I got that a place in Bloomington had the same ammo, for the same price. Im just sayin........

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I'm sorry if that was wrote wrong. I was just saying that I calculate ammo, guns, virtually anything that way. Heck, when I think of it, I spent an hour the other day calling around trying to get/find the lowest price on trailer/camper tires. When I got off the phone I thought to myself, well I just spent a priceless amount on that one hour trying to get $10 off.
    I think of driving 1 hour to save $30 +tax on ammo as a non-saving decision. When I add in gas, time (which can't be re-earned), the costs, even if I calculate my hourly work wage, as not a saving choice.

Just me though. Sorry if it seems I was jousting back, just stating that I think of costs in that manner.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Whew.... Im glad that I reload. Its up to about $200 for 1K now.... I have another 5K in bullets on the way, these were $45 per 1K.

The .308 is still up there even reloading!!!:xmad:

Added info for clarification, I have had a few IMs concerning cost and availability:

$200 per 1K is the high end if I buy bullets locally @ $9.99 per 100 or buy the pulled surplus bullets for $45 per 1K and once fired brass....

Powder and primers are bought locally and paid at the higher end of the cost factor, but its easier to buy a lb or two at a time for me......

The pulled bullets are supplied by a friend and I have no idea where he gets them...:dunno:

HTH,

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'm sorry if that was wrote wrong. I was just saying that I calculate ammo, guns, virtually anything that way. Heck, when I think of it, I spent an hour the other day calling around trying to get/find the lowest price on trailer/camper tires. When I got off the phone I thought to myself, well I just spent a priceless amount on that one hour trying to get $10 off.
    I think of driving 1 hour to save $30 +tax on ammo as a non-saving decision. When I add in gas, time (which can't be re-earned), the costs, even if I calculate my hourly work wage, as not a saving choice.

Just me though. Sorry if it seems I was jousting back, just stating that I think of costs in that manner.

I agree, sometimes we can easily spend a $1 to save a $.10 !!! Thats what I found on shipping powder, trying to find it in stock calling around, paying the hazmat and shipping.... saving a few bucks but putting up hundreds of dollars just didnt make sense for me..... $15- $20 more and I can buy it locally for 8 lbs....

Now everything is getting more diffecult to find though, so..... get what you can while you can!!!

Top Bottom