• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Well, girls and boys, I know you've all try to buy some ___________s and found they were out. Yeah, we're all whining about it too. So, here's the deal, as much as we hate that we're not stocked up as much as we want to be, think of it this way: Barak Obama is responsible for a bunch of things. Much of it bad, much of it good.

I'll focus on the good:

A) He got me up off my lazy (and not wanting to be fingerprinted) butt and re-applied for my right to carry. I mean, I have the second amendment but Lawyers Inc seem to think I need another "license". If it han't been for The Obamassiah I would probably be one set of fingerprints away and $125 bucks richer.

B) Its got me back into reloading and buying guns. I had alread started re-dabbling a little bit. But, now, heck, I figure every gun I buy is an investment in either my safety or my 2A rights. The more we have the harder it will be to take them away.

C) I think The Obamassiah has gotten people involved thinking about the direction of the country. No one that I've talked to thinks he knows how to drive. Even the most liberal people I know are less than thrilled.

Three GOOD things that a candidate that I would vote for would never have done.

Dear Mr. President: Thank You!

Like my daddy always said, "Son, focus your mind on the good. Sight in the 44mag on the bad."

Personally, I like 6gr of Unique with a 240gr lead Elmer Keith bullet, packs plenty of wallop, easy on the ears.

-----
    EVERYBODY BACK! These primers are *MINE*! ALL MINE!!!!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Well, girls and boys, I know you've all try to buy some ___________s and found they were out. Yeah, we're all whining about it too. So, here's the deal, as much as we hate that we're not stocked up as much as we want to be, think of it this way: Barak Obama is responsible for a bunch of things. Much of it bad, much of it good.

I'll focus on the good:

A) He got me up off my lazy (and not wanting to be fingerprinted) butt and re-applied for my right to carry. I mean, I have the second amendment but Lawyers Inc seem to think I need another "license". If it han't been for The Obamassiah I would probably be one set of fingerprints away and $125 bucks richer.

B) Its got me back into reloading and buying guns. I had alread started re-dabbling a little bit. But, now, heck, I figure every gun I buy is an investment in either my safety or my 2A rights. The more we have the harder it will be to take them away.

C) I think The Obamassiah has gotten people involved thinking about the direction of the country. No one that I've talked to thinks he knows how to drive. Even the most liberal people I know are less than thrilled.

Three GOOD things that a candidate that I would vote for would never have done.

Dear Mr. President: Thank You!

Like my daddy always said, "Son, focus your mind on the good. Sight in the 44mag on the bad."

Personally, I like 6gr of Unique with a 240gr lead Elmer Keith bullet, packs plenty of wallop, easy on the ears.

-----
    EVERYBODY BACK! These primers are *MINE*! ALL MINE!!!!

:+1: Never Surrender :patriot:

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I was thinking about getting into reloading myself, I just can't make the initial investment for the equipment.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Hopefully there are a lot of people out there that have had their eyes opened to where this country is going. Unfortunately both parties are controlled by thieves and special interests. And hopefully some of the newly wakened people aren't just in fly over country.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    I was thinking about getting into reloading myself, I just can't make the initial investment for the equipment.

How much do you have to invest? We can get you started for pretty cheap. But, you have to be connected. Most people would be well served to buy simple stuff, get the basics down and then move up.

For instance, to load 223s, all you need is:

Used C-Press: $30
    Used Powder Measure: $20
    New Dies: $40
    100 Primers: $4.00
    Pound of powder: $20 (3031, 4895 or BLC-2)
    100 Bullets: $10 (for FMJ) - $25 (Sierra 50gr Blitz)
    Somebody Whos Been Loading for 40 Years: $1.00 (a couple Cokes)
    100 spent 223 casings: $1.00 (OK, I'll trade them for a couple more Cokes)
    Internet Access For Loading Data: Free (you probably already have that...)
    A place you can do this that is warm/cool and dry and where your wife or husband won't scream about the mess.
    2 Hours of our time.

Grand Total $126 - $141 (Depending on the bullets and how much you get donated, how thirsty I am, etc.) and maybe a few gray hairs.

This includes one short and serious segment entitled, "Why picking pieces of your gun out of your forehead is bad and how to easily avoid it."

What do you want to load and when do you want to start?

-NR

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort

Thats why I didnt go with a Dillon press.... I went w/ Lee Classic press, dies and a used scale. Found an old reloading book that I had, bought a new one (different brand) and use the online resoureces.

I recovered the initial equipment cost in the first 1K of .223 that I reloaded.... I reload .223, .308, -06, .44mag & .45acp. I dont think 9mm is worth the time on a single stage.

My kids help run the press, sort brass and even the reloading duties.... its never too late to start saving money. Do it while watching TV and the time isnt really an issue.

Spending $400.00 for 1K of .223 at a shop could buy the equipment and the components needed to reload 1K at home.:ar15:

Top Bottom