• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I was at the Walmart in Greenfield yesterday and stopped to check out the ammo supply. Usual CF rifle ammo, shotshells, some CF pistol ammo. What surprised me were the boxes of .300 Blackout ammo. I would never have thought the demand for that caliber to be great enough for Walmart to stock it.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I would say that's a sign it's becoming more popular all the time. I load and shoot 300 BLK so I tend to notice it, but there does seem to be a significant amount of interest and that seems to be growing. Probably will never approach the popularity of 5.56 NATO and .308 Winchester but certainly no longer a rarity.

I've not seen any at Wal-Mart but I have seen it at Gander Mtn. as well as Bass Pro and Cabelas.

Driller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Noblesville
    This is a round that interest me and I have a friend who wants to sale me an upper. Ammo availability is always an issue. May have to talk him into reloading for me ;).

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    The reason I am interested in it is due to the fact the ballistics are there super sonic and sub sonic from an 8" barrel, where as 556 there is not. I will be building an SBR 300blk in the very near future.

Top Bottom