• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Guy as the title says, looking for Remington brand 260 brass. Does anyone know of a shop that may have some that would be willing to ship it?

Thanks!

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Need at least 50 but would like to snag 100pcs. Has to be Remington Brand as that is what my chamber is cut too. Thanks for the reply!

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I have two 100rd boxes of this:

Remington Reloading Brass 260 Remington

Edit: While mine is Remington brand, are you certain you need actual Remington branded brass? (Not just .260 Remington brass?) I haven't been around custom rifles much, but I haven't heard of a rifle being chambered where it could only take a single company's brass.

If I go with say Lapua, I would have to turn the necks down as they are thicker.. His reamer is setup for the Remington brand stuff.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If I go with say Lapua, I would have to turn the necks down as they are thicker.. His reamer is setup for the Remington brand stuff.

With all due respect, that's a load of bunk. I don't know who told you that, but a 260 reamer set to SAAMI spec is going to cut a chamber that ANY 260 Remington brass will work in.

If you've got a chamber that is cut to minimum spec, you are JUST as likely to have to neck turn Lapua brass as you are Remington. There is no such thing as a reamer cut specifically for Remington brass.

What's more, you can take any virgin 243 brass and neck it up, and I GUARANTEE it won't need turning, even for a tight-chambered 260 Remington.

I don't know who's feeding you this info, but it sounds to me like you're being misled. :twocents:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Lapua 260 brass does in fact have a slightly thicker neck than RP 260 brass, and it is completely logical that an early 260 reamer setup as a tight no-turn neck for RP brass (all that was out for a while) requires neck turning on the thicker Lapua brass.

Lots of folks found this out the hard way when Lapua introduced 260 brass 3 or so years ago.

OP, RP 260 brass has been unobtanium for a long while. You might seriously think about Nosler/SSA (same stuff), as their necks aren't thick like Lapua brass.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Lapua 260 brass does in fact have a slightly thicker neck than RP 260 brass, and it is completely logical that an early 260 reamer setup as a tight no-turn neck for RP brass (all that was out for a while) requires neck turning on the thicker Lapua brass.

Lots of folks found this out the hard way when Lapua introduced 260 brass 3 or so years ago.

So all that extra money for Lapua brass and they cannot even make it to SAMMI Spec?

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I was able to get 150 pcs of Remington today, so Im set. Thanks to those who offered help.

Top Bottom