• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    This may sound stupid, but what do you do with bad unused/unfired rounds. I have several .22 rounds that jammed pretty bad but are still hot and a .223 that had a FTF (even after trying it again). Asked a couple of people and they didn't know either. So what is the best way to depose of these? Thanks

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Unused pulled or abandoned/spilled/soiled or mistakenly mixed powders i use in the garden.

Rounds that did not go off in an auto mostly get a second chance in a single shot rifle.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Explain please? Genuinely curious.

I agree though, pull apart, dump components. Primers get soaked in a half filled bucket of water for a few days to deactivate in my shop.

I quarry stone off my property, holes get drilled and gunpowder is used to split it. My waste powder (sweepings from the reloading area, pulled rounds, etc) all get put into a container and then added to my mining powder.

Also, water will not permanently deactivate primers, once they are dry they will detonate just fine.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I quarry stone off my property, holes get drilled and gunpowder is used to split it. My waste powder (sweepings from the reloading area, pulled rounds, etc) all get put into a container and then added to my mining powder.

You quarry your own stone? That is awesome! Would love to see some pics of that.

Also, water will not permanently deactivate primers, once they are dry they will detonate just fine.

I've heard that before, but never tested. Let me clarify that by "a few days" I actually mean, forever. Do you have any idea how long it takes to make 2 1/2 gallons of water/primer? I'm about two inches into answering that question. :laugh:

Top Bottom