• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I ran across this Skylight light made by Inline Fabrication for a Dillon 550 and thought it looked useful. It is a small LED light that is made to fit in the center hole of your Dillon toolhead and shine nice bright white light down onto the stations. I was interested in this because you can't have TOO much light in your reloading room, especially when visually checking powder levels before seating bullets.

So I placed the order. The product arrived within a week.

There was not much in the box, as this is a very simple light. There are two cords. One of the cords has the plug and the power switch. This cord plugs into the second which actually has the light.

attachment.php

Pretty simple stuff. Two steps:
    1. Plug in cords
    2. Install light in center hole of die plate

Here is my view WITHOUT the light (no camera flash)-
    attachment.php

Here is my view with the new light turned on (again, no camera flash)-
    attachment.php

As you probably noticed, my whole reloading area is VERY well lit normally. It's not like I absolutely needed this extra light, but you can see that it does put the light right where you want it.

I recommend this to anyone who reloads on a Dillon that would like to have a little more light right where it counts... especially if your whole area is not well lit. And at $34 it wont break the bank.

Last edited:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I leave mine on all the time, it lights up the entire back wall of my workshop (it's rated for 75000 hours of use) I weigh a powder charged case from the measure, set it next to station 3 and that light lets you see exactly what all your powder dropped cases on the shell plate should have in them when your loading straight walled cartridges.

Dillon3_zpsda5de5af.jpg

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I like that idea. I'll probably just leave mine on too. Kind of a night-light for the workshop.
    Exactly, and actually the energy cost savings over eight or nine years this thing is rated to burn buys a pile of the lights. I always left a light burning out there for my Shepherds to navigate in anyway as they have access from the house to the shop anytime they want to have a look around.

I actually ordered a whole spare light kit to keep on hand, I would not use that press without the light ever again and maybe it's a patent thing or some issue but why Dillon never offered such a thing I can't imagine. Clip on lights, lamps on the side whatever don't even touch the amount of light this little miracle in a tube sheds.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I ordered that tube style light about 2 months ago and really like the thing. I was using a cheap clip on light that at times wouldn't stay in place and drove me bananas. This tube light is fantastic.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They seem like a good place to deal with too. I ordered one at around 11 this morning and already have a shipping notice for it. That's pretty good, especially since they offer free shipping too.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Dan at inline fabrication. is a very good guy and makes a quality product.
    I have to second that, if you ever want to order something during business hours give him a call instead of using the web he's the nicest darn guy you'll ever have the pleasure of speaking to and doing business with. Just fantastic products and service all the way around.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Those guys ROCK! I ordered it on Monday before noon and it's already lighting up my press at 3pm Wednesday, coming all the way from Oregon. All with free shipping no less. It works and it puts the light exactly where I need it.

Thanks again for the tip.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have one too. That thing is awesome. I'd been using a light behind my press and the Skylight is 100 times better than that. I bought it over the holidays and just had a chance to use it a few weeks ago and it's awesome.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    +1 for Dan..

I have to second that, if you ever want to order something during business hours give him a call instead of using the web he's the nicest darn guy you'll ever have the pleasure of speaking to and doing business with. Just fantastic products and service all the way around.

I just talked to Dan on the phone..I think?? He's on his way over to INGO..Bill.

Top Bottom