• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pool67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Homecroft
    I have been using unique, titegroup, and hp-38 and I am trying to find some other powders that would measure as well as these.
    I bought 700-X and it will not drop accurately did not know flakes was larger.. loading 9mm 147 gr. and .38 158 gr.
    Need help with powder suggestion Thank You .

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I have been using unique, titegroup, and hp-38 and I am trying to find some other powders that would measure as well as these.
    I bought 700-X and it will not drop accurately did not know flakes was larger.. loading 9mm 147 gr. and .38 158 gr.
    Need help with powder suggestion Thank You .

^^^The top 3 that you listed are GREAT Pistol powders.
    I also like HS-6, and PowerPistol, to round out my choices of powders..Bill.

cedarthicket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    You might try IMR's SR 7625. In my experience its small granules flow more uniformly through powder dispensers than flake powders, such as Unique. I believe the Hodgdon web site (referenced by Mgderf in Post #2) contains loading data for it.

gm652

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Seymour
    I have started to use win auto comp for my all around pistol powder (9 mm,.45,.40). It measures very well in my d650. I weight about every 30th powder drop and its always right on.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    I too have tried AutoComp and found it to meter accurately and shoot cleanly. However, it feels gritty when throwing in my Lyman 55 as if the grains are binding up the rotor.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You might try IMR's SR 7625. In my experience its small granules flow more uniformly through powder dispensers than flake powders, such as Unique. I believe the Hodgdon web site (referenced by Mgderf in Post #2) contains loading data for it.

I've been using 7625 in my 9mm loads and it's spot on consistent.

Top Bottom