• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Look what showed up on my doorstep the other day!

GT300BLK1_zps901bfff7.jpg

GT300BLK2_zpscce45b9a.jpg

I haven't seen this available anywhere yet, let alone in case lots. So when I found an online vendor selling it at a price not much higher than I could get it through the shop, and with free shipping, I had to pop on it.

The packaging is bright and distinctive, and the ammo itself is gorgeous - mirror-polished nickeled cases with a GEMTECH headstamp, topped with wicked-looking black ballistic-tipped bullets. These guys have the marketing thing down pat; I only hope the ammo shoots as good as it looks!

Anybody else here played with this stuff yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    On a side note, do we ever think .300 BLK subsonic will drop below $1 a round? It's kind of salty to be throwing through a semi-auto (as much as I've been thinking about getting an upper for my AR).

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    On a side note, do we ever think .300 BLK subsonic will drop below $1 a round? It's kind of salty to be throwing through a semi-auto (as much as I've been thinking about getting an upper for my AR).

I'm sure it will eventually. Just another good reason to reload! I've built two AR's and a Bolt gun and haven't fired a factory round yet!

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I'm sure it will eventually. Just another good reason to reload! I've built two AR's and a Bolt gun and haven't fired a factory round yet!
    +1 to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The .300 is the most forgiving round you can reload and by far my most favorite.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I am pretty new at the 300 BO but I am really loving it. I have loaded some 220 all the way down to 110's (loading 175's tonight). It seems to work well with all loads. While converting 5.56 brass to 300 BO is a hassle it is cheap. So far other than being very dirty the brass holds up well to repeated reloads. I am thinking this may be the perfect law enforcement caliber and this caliber is going places. The loaded prices will drop as it becomes more popular and the supply and demand thing settles down. I really like it.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    call me dumb but what are the benefits of shooting subsonic ammo it seems like everyone talks of it being lower velocities are they quieter or ? just wondering if its something cool i may have to try them out

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    call me dumb but what are the benefits of shooting subsonic ammo it seems like everyone talks of it being lower velocities are they quieter or ? just wondering if its something cool i may have to try them out

When shooting with a suppressor its crazy quiet.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If you have a suppressor, yes. Plus sub-sonic ammo typically tends to be a bit more accurate as you stretch it out a bit. Other than that, no, not really.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom