• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Well, it wasn't actually a drug deal. But it felt like it - from the stereotypical conception I have of a drug deal from the TV shows and movies I've watched. Let me explain. This past year I have acquired a Sig Sauer .22 on a 1911 frame and a Ruger 10/22 takedown. In addition I have a Remington 513T bolt action .22 and a H&R Model 999 handgun that belonged to my father and that were handed down to me before he passed away.

I thought it would be nice to shoot all of these guns at the range and so I set about looking for .22 ammo. Suffice to say countless trips to every LGS, Walmart, the 1500, and on line searches over the past year only resulted in either no ammo or ammo outrageously priced. Now fast forward.

I was looking at the For Sale Ammunition category on INGO the other day and 3 minutes after the listing was posted I replied to the INGO member who had two 525 count boxes of Federal 36 gr .22's. I replied within 5 minutes with a p.m. indicating i would take the ammo at what I reasoned to be a fair price in today's market.

Now the drug deal part. The seller and I agreed to meet at a Steak & Shake parking lot at 8:30 at night on the west side of town. I had the cash in hand and the seller had the ammo. We exchanged only brief pleasantries and made the exchange. Cash for the "merchandise" and we both made our return into the dark of night. He to enjoy the cash and me to revel that I had gotten my "fix" of ammo.

I now have ammo to shoot for awhile. Hopefully I can "score" some more - another drug deal in my future I guess. Is this what it's come to ? I have read on here of the times the INGO members have found .22 ammo. Now I believe I have an understanding of the "high" to be felt when actually making a "score."

daemon2525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Great story. I haven't bought from Armslist yet for the same reasons. We have some pretty shady parts of town here and I can
    just see myself with cash in hand to meet someone that I have never met.... Might get clubbed and not get my ammo!

Top Bottom