• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm looking at a Dillon 650. I have limited room about the bench. Can anyone tell me what the height of the press is from bottom to the top of the automatic case feeders? I won't be using a strong mount. Also, approx how far does the case feeder sit back from the front of the bench? I'll post a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I have my 650 setup in a bonus room like that, but my bench extends a lot further out than yours.
    you will probably have to add on some type of extension

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Thats what i'm trying to figure out. Just trying to get an idea of height and go from there
    Hmmm, do you usually stand or sit while you load? Your lower back might issue a stop work order trying to use a 650 standing at that bench height sans a mount after a bit if it's ever prone to bother you. Sitting wouldn't be so bad, but the rate of production may not exceed a 550 by much at all using it like that. That's an ideal space for a 550B mounted to the bench and using it seated.

Worse case scenario you could use a plastic Solo cup or something to load the collator with what you'll have to work with for clearance.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Hmmm, do you usually stand or sit while you load? Your lower back might issue a stop work order trying to use a 650 standing at that bench height sans a mount after a bit if it's ever prone to bother you. Sitting wouldn't be so bad, but the rate of production may not exceed a 550 by much at all using it like that. That's an ideal space for a 550B mounted to the bench and using it seated.

Worse case scenario you could use a plastic Solo cup or something to load the collator with what you'll have to work with for clearance.

I built the benches so that it is comfortable for me to stand while I reload. On the far right of the bench, is a Lee Turret press. It takes me a couple of hours to knock out 500 rounds on it. I don't have any issues standing.

i don't want a 550 because I want a powder check system. I currently use a rcbs lock out die with pistol and the hornady powder cop die with the rifle cartridges.

i'll be reloading 9mm, 223, and 30/30 on the Dillon. I single stage my precision rounds for F-class. That is why there is a rcbs chargemaster on the bench

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I built the benches so that it is comfortable for me to stand while I reload. On the far right of the bench, is a Lee Turret press. It takes me a couple of hours to knock out 500 rounds on it. I don't have any issues standing.

i don't want a 550 because I want a powder check system. I currently use a rcbs lock out die with pistol and the hornady powder cop die with the rifle cartridges.

i'll be reloading 9mm, 223, and 30/30 on the Dillon. I single stage my precision rounds for F-class. That is why there is a rcbs chargemaster on the bench

Gotcha, height and being comfortable is really a big deal with the Dillons. It does everything really well once you get it dialed in so long as the press stroke is consistent every time and that's dependant on the operator being comfortable. Dillons new safety return linkage and the broken anodized corner edges of the powder slides have made their measure scary accurate. I'm using one of their latest measures on a 550B and it's a big improvement over the old style bar return springs with the sharper edges on the outside corners.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I know the dupe police are brutal, but, damn. Start a new thread, ask about LNIB firearm sales. It will be fun and informative.

Top Bottom