affordable plated/FMJ bullet manufacturer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all - looking to pick up some projectiles for 9mm and .38. I prefer FMJ/TMJ/plated (as opposed to lead). Can anyone recommend a certain manufacturer and/or distributor to keep cost to a minimum and still make some decent plinking ammo.
    (for plinking, not SD, not competition, etc.)

*Before this turns into a "just shoot lead" thread, that is NOT what I'm asking. Please make suggestions for FMJ/plated

Thanks INGO

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have great luck with Berry's Bullets. I have loaded several thousand rounds of 9mm 124 gr the past 2 winters and have never had a single issue reloading or shooting.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Graf & Sons has a sale currently on Hornady FMJ 9mm 115 gr. for only $9.99 for 100 rds., they have a service charge of $7.99, but they pay shipping.

Buy a few hundred and toss in some other items and spread the service charge around.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have loaded thousands of Bullets from RMR Bullets. They are extreme bullets. Jacob Wilcox is the owner and a nice guy.

+1, same here. I had an order get damaged enroute to here from them, they took care of it and handled the USPS claim. Solid guy! I think they sell Berrys, anything not listed as that are usually Xtreme (and their seconds are Xtreme's).

As an aside: I like Montana Gold, but noticed they run slower compared to Hornady (same weight and charge). Really tough jacketed stuff. For the wait time and the ok accuracy, I usually skip it and either wait for Hornady to get back in stock (for accuracy) or plated/lead for plinking (cost).

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Xtreme bullets are great and very good price.
    If you get on their email list, they will send you discount codes (usually 10% off).
    A couple weeks ago, I ordered 2000 9mm 124gr. hollow point bullets for $175 shipped.
    Free shipping and they are fast!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Watch Berry's, Rainier, and Extreme for the best price. Any of these 3 companies produce good, quality bullets that will serve your purpose well.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Ill throw in for Xtreme bullets. Good price and free shipping. if not running a sale 5% discount to military/veteran/LEO/public Safety

Top Bottom