• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Anyone use lead bullets that look to be "powder coated"? Quite a few lead bullet companies are going to this rather than groove or tumble lubing. Cursory reading says that they have been used in competition for a long time, but I have no references to people using them other than forum posts of "Yeah, I used 'em 10 years ago, no problems". Seems to be no one that uses them, like alot.

Anyone use them? Looking to do 9mm for light plinking/training ammo.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Anyone use lead bullets that look to be "powder coated"? Quite a few lead bullet companies are going to this rather than groove or tumble lubing. Cursory reading says that they have been used in competition for a long time, but I have no references to people using them other than forum posts of "Yeah, I used 'em 10 years ago, no problems". Seems to be no one that uses them, like alot.

Anyone use them? Looking to do 9mm for light plinking/training ammo.

I have and a lot of uspsa guys use them. Just as easy to handle as plated/fmj, but cheaper!!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yes. Bayou, sns casting and black bullets use the acrylic based hi-tek coating. They work well, even in a Glock. I currently use a local casters boolets with some proprietary coating, which also works well in a Glock. Several thousand in the last couple months with good performance and no lead fouling in my G17.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I just got 10k from SNS not too long ago. I had tried a couple thousand before and am sold, for $7 more per thousand then regular lead you get less smoke and are just cleaner in general to handle while loading. I have no reason to shoot plated or jacketed.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Coated bullets... ha, a total sham. I only recommend plated bullets for serious shooters...

(Leaves more coated bullets for the rest of us) :)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Huge fan of both the Bayou bullets and the SNS Casting bullets. They are both the same coating, just different color.

I had used the Precision Molly black bullets, but they smoked way too much with Tightgroup powder, which is what I prefer.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks all for the replies, think I might just have to take the plunge.

If interested in 9mm, I'm thinking of buying a "sample" pack, could skive some off for you for "testing" :D
    I have a couple thousand and your welcome to have some free of charge if you come get them. You can load them however you like. They are 115gr with the polymer coating.
    I ordered mine online and got 1k for like $70 shipped

Top Bottom