• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I run four calibers in my reloader and have bent all but one of my depriming pins. I called Dillon to order more and gave the guy my address and he said they sell them in a 10-pack for $5.??, but he would just send me five for free. I was VERY surprised, especially after losing a small spring in my LPK and the company made me purchase a $7 spring set and then having to buy a set screw for an after market rear sight that came off of my PPQ, which cost $12. I certainly don't expect a company to give anything away for free, especially when the fault is mine, but the gesture makes me even more loyal to Big Blue!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Dillon's "No BS" policy is among the best in the industry. Ask them for assistance with their products and they will bend over backwards to do it for you...not always for free, but for a reasonable amount.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Yep standard operating procedure for Dillon.
    A couple of years ago I was cleaning the powder measure when I dropped it and broke the plastic hopper.
    Called and told them I broke it and needed another one and they said "No Charge" even though I broke it.
    Great product and company.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yea I agree, what a horrible company to deal with. Maybe 10 years ago I was ordering some spare parts and a conversion for one of my Dillon's and I asked about upgrading my 30 + year old 450 press to a 550, in the conversation we talked about the primer system on the 450 ( they did not have a double tube like they have now ) and I asked to add a plastic primer follower like now ( it was a brass rod ). About a week later my ordered parts arrived and along with it came a completely new primer system with all parts for L & S primers.
    I have always been a very happy Dillon customer.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I too have had similar experiences. They've sent me parts I didn't know I needed free of charge when I was first starting out.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The couple of times I've used Dillon's warranty, the only thing I paid was to ship it to them. In my experience the warranty of most of the firearms industry is outstanding and Dillon is unsurpassed!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Dillon's CS is excellent.
    FWIW, RCBS will do the same, and they will send replacement parts, even if your press got broken when you bought it at a yard sale that a guy bought from another yard sale a decade ago.
    I broke the decapping pin for my RCBS universal depriming die, so I called Big Green to ask what the part number was for them since I couldn't find a listing for it anywhere, and they just sent me a pack of them immediately instead, with no charge at all.
    Other companies should learn from Big Green and Big Blue.
    The bit of extra expense in sending out parts will be greatly outweighed by customer loyalty and word of mouth that will bring in new customers.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I bought a couple SDB's off ebay, and needed some parts. Called Dillon, told them I bought the presses used, they said no biggie. I broke the handle on one of the presses, they Fedex'd Overnight me one at no charge. Great folks to deal with.

And, ya gotta love their phone number :-)

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've called them a couple of times to order parts and after insisting that it was my fault and I pay for them, they just took my address and sent the parts in the mail. The first time it was the spring for the primer system return and the second time it was depriming pins (should've ordered extra pins when I bought my press).

wva3470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've reloaded on Dillon's since about 1986. There service has always been this way. I also use a RCBS for one off projects. Anything over about 25 pieces gets Dillonized.
    Bill

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I feel more gooder about purchasing my 550..
    Now I just have to actually get around to using it sometime

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The screw and helicoil in the collar of the powder measure on my Square Deal B was stripped out. I called Dillon and they said no problem we will send you a new collar for the powder measure. 2 days later I get the package from Dillon. Open up the box and they sent me 2 new collars. So now I have a spare one.

Slim400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS SS IN
    IN 1990 PICK UP A 550B USED IT FOR 23 YEARS TILL 2013 ALL THAT TIME DILLON TOOK CARE OF IT
    2 PRIMER SLIDES AND 2 55 GALLON DRUMS OF 223

ONLY ONE PRESS IT IS BLUE AND MADE IN ARIZONA

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    That is pretty common for EVERY reloading company. What most won't replace are parts you lose (including Dillon)!
    Heck, I walked in to Dillon with a busted powder measure (have no idea how the tube broke), expecting them to replace the broken tube. Gent walked over to the counter, pulled out a new measure, and handed it to me.
    I really like being close enough to drive to the store.

jglevyjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indianapolis
    About a year go I went back into reloading. I found in my attic my ancient Dillon 450; it was "frozen" after so many years of storage. I sent it back to Dillon for repair. They couldn't free the piston, so sent me a brand new 550!!! I did pay to ship the 450 to them, but that's all. They really do mean 'No BS', even though storing my old 450 in attic, basement, etc. for so many years caused the problem.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    All I keep hearing about is Dillon customer service, blah blah blah. I need to go downstairs and break something off of mine to see for myself.;)

Top Bottom